cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI (Increasing Chances of a Good CLI?)

tag
SALEEN961
Valued Member

Re: Discover CLI (Increasing Chances of a Good CLI?)

@enharu wrote:
Grats on the CLI. Becareful about the maxed out freedom and BCE. I understand you have a 0% APR offer right now, but all lenders get paranoid when you have more than 1 card that almost maxed out.

Yeah I'm not thrilled about having 2 maxed out cards but at least with this recent CLI it's only 2 and not 3. I had an amazing offer made to me on the purchase of a new toolbox that was only good for 3 days, and credit cards were the only financing option I had given that I had to get approved that quickly. Normally I just save up the money for these large purchases and pay them off in full at the end of the month, but the offer I got was unexpected and right after a previous purchase that wiped out my savings so that wasn't an option but the deal was to good to pass up.

Discover IT 38.5K | AMEX BCE 20K | AMEX BCE Preffered 25K | PayPal Extras MC 10K
Chase Freedom Visa Signature 25K | Chase Freedom Unlimited 24.1K | Chase Amazon 13.5K

EX FICO: 788 Amex
EQ FICO: 796 DCU
TU FICO: 817 Chase
Message 11 of 12
liandur
Valued Member

Re: Discover CLI (Increasing Chances of a Good CLI?)

My experience with Discover----first off I'd like to say my scores are a touch lower than yours (lower 7"s across EX/ EQ upper 7's TU, our AAOA is similar, no lates, baddies, etc, similar lines of credit but mine are a little lower -- I still have a $500 Chase--LOL). I've had my Discover for just at a year now and had not had any cli's from them. I have carried a balance and PIF'd for months, carried a larger balance for months and consistently made 2+ payments a month of around 4-5x the min payment due, continued to use it, signed up for reward programs, used rewards on Amazon, etc.... At 10 months with the card I PIF'd  a large balance and used for small purchases and had PIF before statement cut (several payments a month).... At almost 1 yr exactly I requested a cli by phone. It was a soft pulll and they increased from $1700 to $5700 instanly. GL

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.