cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI button

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Frequent Contributor

Discover CLI button

Does anyone know why the CLI button shows up under account details sometimes? I have had the button there and then disappear. It came back the other day and I went for it thinking it was sign my account was ready for a CLI. Declined... I am on a strict 90 day CLI, which is in 5 days. I wonder if it has to do with credit score updating? My TU went up 14 points. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Established Contributor

Re: Discover CLI button

hmm that's weird! Mine never shows up there.

Message 2 of 5
Super Contributor

@mooshi123 wrote:

Does anyone know why the CLI button shows up under account details sometimes? I have had the button there and then disappear. It came back the other day and I went for it thinking it was sign my account was ready for a CLI. Declined... I am on a strict 90 day CLI, which is in 5 days. I wonder if it has to do with credit score updating? My TU went up 14 points. Any ideas?

I keep thinking that if it ever shows up there for me -- which it never has -- it will be a sign that they're ready to give me a decent CLI.

And then I see a post like yours Smiley Happy

Discover is weird.

Total revolving limits 639500 (558000 reporting)
Message 3 of 5
Regular Contributor

They are quite funny at times! I kid you not, I submitted 5 cli in a month, all declined and then out of the blue, they increased my credit limit lol and the next day, I was sent another letter as to why I was declined! 

Message 4 of 5
Super Contributor

@Hannahj55 wrote:

They are quite funny at times! I kid you not, I submitted 5 cli in a month, all declined and then out of the blue, they increased my credit limit lol and the next day, I was sent another letter as to why I was declined! 

Remember, if Discover increases your credit limit out of the blue without a request (automatic CLI) like you suggest, if you request a CLI by hitting the button online right after 9 times out of 10 you'll get another CLI instantly, usually right around the amount of the auto-CLI Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.