Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI button

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover CLI button

Does anyone know why the CLI button shows up under account details sometimes? I have had the button there and then disappear. It came back the other day and I went for it thinking it was sign my account was ready for a CLI. Declined... I am on a strict 90 day CLI, which is in 5 days. I wonder if it has to do with credit score updating? My TU went up 14 points. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover CLI button

hmm that's weird! Mine never shows up there.

Message 2 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know why the CLI button shows up under account details sometimes? I have had the button there and then disappear. It came back the other day and I went for it thinking it was sign my account was ready for a CLI. Declined... I am on a strict 90 day CLI, which is in 5 days. I wonder if it has to do with credit score updating? My TU went up 14 points. Any ideas?

I keep thinking that if it ever shows up there for me -- which it never has -- it will be a sign that they're ready to give me a decent CLI.

And then I see a post like yours Smiley Happy

Discover is weird.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are quite funny at times! I kid you not, I submitted 5 cli in a month, all declined and then out of the blue, they increased my credit limit lol and the next day, I was sent another letter as to why I was declined! 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

They are quite funny at times! I kid you not, I submitted 5 cli in a month, all declined and then out of the blue, they increased my credit limit lol and the next day, I was sent another letter as to why I was declined! 

Remember, if Discover increases your credit limit out of the blue without a request (automatic CLI) like you suggest, if you request a CLI by hitting the button online right after 9 times out of 10 you'll get another CLI instantly, usually right around the amount of the auto-CLI Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.