Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI no luv for me :(

tag
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Discover CLI no luv for me :(

Hello everyone!

So here is my situation. After having my Discover it CC for 3 months I requested a CLI. This was back in May. It was approved for a $1k CLI. Unfortunately, I have other cards with much higher limits an considering I PIF, Discover is restricting my Buy Power. I called them last month for a CLI and it was denied. I asked for it again beginning of this month and it was denied once more. Mainly for lack of history. When I requested the CLI my arrival plus nor my BofA Privileges car had yet reported.

My question is, is there a way to recon a CLI with discover? I really love my discover it but I barely use it because of the CL.

Thanks in advance for your opinions!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Discover CLI no luv for me :(

@Jaylima91 wrote:
Hello everyone!

So here is my situation. After having my Discover it CC for 3 months I requested a CLI. This was back in May. It was approved for a $1k CLI. Unfortunately, I have other cards with much higher limits an considering I PIF, Discover is restricting my Buy Power. I called them last month for a CLI and it was denied. I asked for it again beginning of this month and it was denied once more. Mainly for lack of history. When I requested the CLI my arrival plus nor my BofA Privileges car had yet reported.

My question is, is there a way to recon a CLI with discover? I really love my discover it but I barely use it because of the CL.

Thanks in advance for your opinions!

were those hp cli you tried for , or regular sp cli, took me 10 months to get sp cli. My credit is decent with no baddies but still took long time. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 5
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Those were all SP except for the one back in May. The two recent ones have been SP but instant denials. (Lady told me no need for HP since it was instantly denied with a SP)
Message 3 of 5
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Jaylima91 wrote:
Those were all SP except for the one back in May. The two recent ones have been SP but instant denials. (Lady told me no need for HP since it was instantly denied with a SP)

you need to be patient it takes an long time for discover to give you cli if you initially app with an less then steller credit report. Even if it improves thru time, discover doesn't seem to care. They will take their time and want to see long payment history. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 4 of 5
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Yeah I know, my impatience can get the best of me.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.