cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI request denied via CSR, recon HUGE SUCCESS!

tag
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover CLI request denied via CSR, recon HUGE SUCCESS!

Congratulation....That's very nice increase.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 11 of 17
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the increase way to go!

Message 12 of 17
cardslayer
Regular Contributor

Awesome outcome. I started out at $2k about 5mo ago and have not seen any CLI. I average $800/mo and always PIF'd. My scores are just a smidge north of OP's (latest Amex EXP shows 686, and TU is sitting at 712 from 3 mo ago). I'm hoping I see something next month as I get past my 6th statement. Thanks to OP I know that I should just call in and see what's up if I don't get some kind of action next month. Congrats OP!

Message 13 of 17
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

• Definitely try the automated process first, if you get the credit department and speak to a person you more than likely will have a hard pull.  They are very generous though and have the best customer service.  Best of luck.

Message 14 of 17
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

That is an amazing recon experience Smiley Happy  I'm glad they were able to give you a nice CLI over the phone, even though it cost a HP, seems like it was well worth it!

I love Discover Customer Service...  Very nice Smiley Happy

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 15 of 17
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

Update: Amex is now at $4.8k! After 8 denials for an increase over the past two years, I achieved succes with the automated system last night. I originally had a $3k limit on the card when it was issued in 2007, late 2008 (credit crisis) they dropped me to $1,600 and I have been trying to get it up ever since.
Do I have to wait 60 days or 6 months before I can request another increase with Amex? Thanks!

Message 16 of 17
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

That is an amazing recon experience Smiley Happy  I'm glad they were able to give you a nice CLI over the phone, even though it cost a HP, seems like it was well worth it!

I love Discover Customer Service...  Very nice Smiley Happy

It was well worth it, they pulled TU which had no inquiries on it.  My EQ had 3.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.