Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI w/o HP?

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Discover CLI w/o HP?

Is it even possible with Discover to get a CLI with a soft pull only? I finally got the link on my page to request a CLI on my Discover account. It said it would be a HP and I canceled the application. I don't want to waste a HP. I know my credit is better than it has been in the past but I'm trying to stir clear of inquires on already established accounts. Suggestions?

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
manwoot
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover CLI w/o HP?

It's possible.  You can call Discover or use the online chat feature to get a rep.  Tell them you only want a SP CLI.  They will try and if they can't do it, they will tell you a HP is necessary and ask if you still wish to continue.

Message 2 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

Is it even possible with Discover to get a CLI with a soft pull only? I finally got the link on my page to request a CLI on my Discover account. It said it would be a HP and I canceled the application. I don't want to waste a HP. I know my credit is better than it has been in the past but I'm trying to stir clear of inquires on already established accounts. Suggestions?

It will be a SP unless they ask to do an HP at which time they will notify you

EDIT if you put in a smaller amount may not result in asking for HP

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 7
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I will try requesting a smaller account. I thought Discoer counter offered so I didn't want to low ball myself. Lol.

Message 4 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

I will try requesting a smaller account. I thought Discoer counter offered so I didn't want to low ball myself. Lol.

On the phone I know they counter not sure about the luv button

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 7
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Discover does counter offer. Unfortunately, it looks like there's no SP CLI for you at the moment. Try calling, you might get lucky.
Message 6 of 7
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I'll try waiting and see if they offer me an auto increase...I've sockdrawered this card at the moment anyway. I reach the limit too quickly and since it's the IT card...I can't make multiple payments and keep using it...I have to wait til they process the payment..bah.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.