Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover CLI

Just for curiosity sakes does Discover give CLI voluntarily or do you have to request one and if so would it be a hard pull or if voluntarily would that be a soft pull?. How long might a person wait before considering this 6 mos 12 mos from account opening etc.
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover CLI

oh i would love to know the answer to this too. i wasn't going to ask till later but would like to know how the like you to ask. or maybe not ask
Message 2 of 20
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The only answer to that question is to call them and ask them.  Your request, if made, for a CLI is technically a request for new credit, and may result in a hard putll.  Gotta ask them in advance.
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys for the information I was thinking that you have to ask for CLI and that it would result in a hard pull. Well for now will just sit tight and let the first INQ age first. Good stuff though!!!!!
Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

They do auto increases all the time.  Also if you build some history with them they will usually give you pretty generous increases
Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info I was considering hitting them with some big payments for say 6 mos or so by then will have 12 mos of solid payments along with some age. maybe that will do the trick would be nice!!!!
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it definitely will make sure you dont miss your payments though!  Depending on your balance I would send like 100-200 or maybe more for like 6 months and then ask for a cli!  how long have you had it for?
Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just 6 mos still a relatively short time I have not missed any payments  pay before due date that kind of thing.
Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

just passed 6 months or not quite been 6 months yet?  usually I believe they will give auto cli after 6 months maybe wait till 7th statement and ask for cli.  I fyou dont mind me asking what is your limit and also any late pays at all?

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got an auto CLI of $1,100.00 from Discover. I don't know if they did a hard pull or soft, since I'm not going to pay for more credit reports, but since I didn't ask for the CLI, I'm hoping it was a soft pull.
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.