Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover CLI

There are actually two different methods they employ to do a CLI upon request. Either 1)based on your account history alone or 2) "full application" which includes a hard pull. Call in, ask for a CLI, and the rep will tell you either a) you were approved for a CLI of XXXX amount or b) additional information will be needed to consider you for a CLI and request your permission to do a hard pull. They will not do a hard pull without specifically asking your permission.
Message 11 of 20
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If you did not ask for it then they, undet the FCRA, CANNOT
Message 12 of 20
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If the CLI was NOT asked for or authorized by you, then the law (FCRA) prohits them from making a hard pulll.   Not my opinion.  It is law. 
Message 13 of 20
fused
Moderator Emeritus

RobertEG wrote:
If the CLI was NOT asked for or authorized by you, then the law (FCRA) prohits them from making a hard pulll.   Not my opinion.  It is law. 

You're right!!!!!
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you didnt ask for it they based it on your account history with them they do do auto cli's every so often
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:
If the CLI was NOT asked for or authorized by you, then the law (FCRA) prohits them from making a hard pulll. Not my opinion. It is law.

Thanks! That's good to know!
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you and the other guys for all the input excellent  no late payments 10K just received my sixth statement last week.

Message Edited by credit08 on 04-25-2008 04:39 AM

Message Edited by credit08 on 04-25-2008 05:50 AM
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

what is the law that prohibits an automatic credit limit increase from being a hard pull? 

Message 18 of 20
wfreeman3
New Contributor

I just used the automated CLI request from the phone number on the card.  I asked for $ 500.00 and it was approved with a soft.  This was my first request since 05/2008.  I made a note to try again in 6 months.

Starting Score: 766
Current Score: 766
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here.  Had the card for about 15 mths now.  I asked for 2 CLI's using the automated phone option.  They were both soft pulls and you can enter how much you want to request as a CLI.  I went from $2.5-->3k-->5k.   I asked at the 6th and 12mth.   I was a chicken on the 1st one since I read that 5k is really pretty good for Discover.
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.