Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover, CSP & Barclay's Pulled Following:

tag
ScarletFever
Frequent Contributor

Discover, CSP & Barclay's Pulled Following:

App'd three times within a week: I'm located in New Jersey: Barclays Ring pulled TU, and, hit bureaus almost immediately with CL including on CK. Inq appeared on Credit.com . Chase Sapphire Preferred pulled Equifax and Experian. Oddly enough, Credit Karma Equifax rose one point after Barclay's reported new account, after dropping four points following inq. Discover IT pulled Equifax. That inq hit Mint.Com next day, as did CSP after apping that card. I can't ever remember Equifax figuring prominently in apps!

.Citi FICO-836 Barclays TU FICO; 827. Discover Fic0-826; CK:EQ-821; TU-819; CS-819; Total credit-$165,500: NASA-29,700; AMEX BCP-17,000; AMEX EDP-20,000; CSP-14,400; Barclay Ring-10,000; Discover It-9,000; U.S.Bank Sig Visa13,000; United TeleTech Federal Credit Union-$9000; Citi Double Cash-9900; Citi TYP-7,700; Discover Cashback Bonus-7,200;Chase Freedom-6,500; AMEX HHilton Honors-5000; Barclay NFL Extra Points-$5000. Utility always 1-2%
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover, CSP & Barclay's Pulled Following:

@ScarletFever wrote:

App'd three times within a week: I'm located in New Jersey: Barclays Ring pulled TU, and, hit bureaus almost immediately with CL including on CK. Inq appeared on Credit.com . Chase Sapphire Preferred pulled Equifax and Experian. Oddly enough, Credit Karma Equifax rose one point after Barclay's reported new account, after dropping four points following inq. Discover IT pulled Equifax. That inq hit Mint.Com next day, as did CSP after apping that card. I can't ever remember Equifax figuring prominently in apps!

Good info.. Thanks.

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax almost always gets pulled by Discover for any of their cards.  Same with Barclays and TU.  Chase varies.  I took a SP on TU when I prequaled for the Freedom, but they also pulled Experian, and they are Experian pullers for all their cards (in my area anyway).  

Message 3 of 16
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

What part of Jersey are you in?  I'm in the north, and Discover pulled TU for me in 3/2013.

Message 4 of 16
ScarletFever
Frequent Contributor

Moved to Ocean Grove from Montclair about four years ago.

.Citi FICO-836 Barclays TU FICO; 827. Discover Fic0-826; CK:EQ-821; TU-819; CS-819; Total credit-$165,500: NASA-29,700; AMEX BCP-17,000; AMEX EDP-20,000; CSP-14,400; Barclay Ring-10,000; Discover It-9,000; U.S.Bank Sig Visa13,000; United TeleTech Federal Credit Union-$9000; Citi Double Cash-9900; Citi TYP-7,700; Discover Cashback Bonus-7,200;Chase Freedom-6,500; AMEX HHilton Honors-5000; Barclay NFL Extra Points-$5000. Utility always 1-2%
Message 5 of 16
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@ScarletFever wrote:

Got it!  Have a few buddies in Montclair.

Last year when I checked Credit Pulls, I noticed that several CCCs pull TU/EX in the north but EQ for the southern part of the state. Curious what the reasoning is for the difference.

Message 6 of 16
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

@ScarletFever wrote:

Last year when I checked Credit Pulls, I noticed that several CCCs pull TU/EX in the north but EQ for the southern part of the state. Curious what the reasoning is for the difference.

If I had to make a guess, historically the number of military personel and federal government types living / working in the southern end of the state.

Not certain on the TU/EX linkage though these days I suspect it's mostly whatever is cheapest for a modern lender; certainly the aforementioned Chase pulls EX nearly exclusively with me, but I occasionally get a EQ SP when they're bored with seeing my Experian file apparently.

If costs were equal, for a given customer I'd rotate bureaus if I were designing a system personally... not all issues show up on all three reports though I suspect if we looked at reports over time they're way more consistent between the 3 bureaus now than they were call it two decades ago.

        
Message 7 of 16
JSS3
Valued Contributor

So Chase is a double puller all the time? I thought they double pulled me because I was new to credit(borderline approval). Looking at the OP, I doubt with those lines, that he's new to credit. This is just their standard policy like triple pulling is Capital ones'....?

Edit: Just saw Revelates post.

Message 8 of 16
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

@ScarletFever wrote:

If I had to make a guess, historically the number of military personel and federal government types living / working in the southern end of the state.

Not certain on the TU/EX linkage though these days I suspect it's mostly whatever is cheapest for a modern lender; certainly the aforementioned Chase pulls EX nearly exclusively with me, but I occasionally get a EQ SP when they're bored with seeing my Experian file apparently.

If costs were equal, for a given customer I'd rotate bureaus if I were designing a system personally... not all issues show up on all three reports though I suspect if we looked at reports over time they're way more consistent between the 3 bureaus now than they were call it two decades ago.

LOL!

Agree witht he rotating bureaus for seeing complete picture.  Perhaps that's why Cap 1 pulls all 3 for apps. Seems no creditor likes EQ for north Jersey - that report has been totally inq free for as long as I can remember.

Message 9 of 16
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Chase has double pulled me on Freedom. Everything else has been on EQ solely.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.