Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Card AU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Card AU

My sister added me as an AU on her Discover Card in hopes that it would help rebuild my credit, but they told her that they do not report any information on my credit. I recall someone on the boards here saying that they did report on both. Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks, Liz

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover Card AU

I'm not entirely sure if this is true. I'm going to move your post to the credit card forum.
Message 2 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

montoyaei wrote:

My sister added me as an AU on her Discover Card in hopes that it would help rebuild my credit, but they told her that they do not report any information on my credit. I recall someone on the boards here saying that they did report on both. Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks, Liz

I'm AU on my husband's Discover More, and it absolutely reports on all three.

Three possibilities: the CSR was flat wrong (and they usually have well-trained CSR's), or they have started doing this for AU's after a certain date, or they only report for spouses/ domestic partners: those who presumably are sharing household expenses.

Well, OK, fourth possibility --it won't show up on my reports next month! yikes
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 6
mphan
Contributor

They don't ask for SS# of AU but if your address on your credit report is the same like your sister's address. It will show up on your CRs.
---------------
In 1900, if a father put a roof over his family's head, he was a success.
Today, it takes a roof, deck, pool, and 4-car garage. And that's just the vacation home.
---------------
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

for posting in the wrong forum. I am not at the same address as my sister. Oh well. it was worth a try for the AU. Thanks for the responses.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try changing your DIscover card address to your sisters,,,,,,,,,,
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.