cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Card Benefits

tag
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

Re: Discover Card Changes.....Sock Drawer?

I 'bout had beer coming out my nose....   "At Discover we want you to be happy"  in spite of us removing a bunch of perks from your card and not adding anything.  

That is freakin hilarious. Sorry to those affected.

edit: geez, I'm so redundant. I should read replies before posting and appearing as to copy/paste others'.  

Message 31 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Card Changes.....Sock Drawer?

@Turbobuick wrote:

I 'bout had beer coming out my nose....   "At Discover we want you to be happy"  in spite of us removing a bunch of perks from your card and not adding anything.  

That is freakin hilarious. Sorry to those affected.

edit: geez, I'm so redundant. I should read replies before posting and appearing as to copy/paste others'.  

I'll take the double rewards from Discover over those little perks they took away. So, yeah I'm really happy, and will be even happier next July when the bonus posts.

Message 32 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover "streamlining" benefits

Just got this secure message in my inbox:

Your Discover® card's built-in benefits are streamlining on August 1, 2015

At Discover, we want you to be happy. That's why we periodically review the valuable benefits that are built in to your Discover card. We have decided to retain some benefits - like purchase protection and price protection - and discontinue others.

What this means for you:

Effective August 1, 2015 Discover card will discontinue the following benefits: 24/7 Travel Assistance, Baggage Delay Insurance, and Emergency Roadside Assistance. If you have a loss or incident that occurs on or after August 1, 2015, it will not be covered by these benefits.

I've never had to use any of those features but it's still a bit disappointing. Cat Sad

Message 33 of 84
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover "streamlining" benefits

I love it when companies try to spin cuts by calling it streamlining. I guess Discover isn't so different after all Smiley Tongue
Message 34 of 84
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Think this was mentioned awhile ago. The consensus was basically that almost nobody probably uses those particular benefits on Discover.

Honestly, every company cuts benefits; Discover still exists to make money. Most of the benefits being cut are pretty minor in the grand scheme so I'm not upset.

Message 35 of 84
Bman70
Established Contributor

Yeah those are perks I probably wouldn't use, although it's nice to know they're there. I'd prefer them to leave it in, but at least the double cash is a consolation. It's funny that they invented the word "streamlining" to describe nerfing though. Smiley Very Happy

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 36 of 84
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

I won't miss those benefits. I have plenty of them on other cards or standalone.

Message 37 of 84
LadyVee
Regular Contributor

Yeah I won't miss those benefit options either although it was nice that they were there though. Oh well.

Starting Score: 485 (CK TU)
Current Score: 698 (TU FICO); 685 (EX FICO) 687 (EQ FICO)
Goal Scores: 750 (TU FICO); 750 (EX FICO); 750 (EQ FICO)

Current Cards:
AMEX Gold: NPSL, AMEX BCE: 1000, BARCLAY APPLE: 2000, CITI DC: 2250, CHASE CSP: 7400, CAP1 SAVOR: 12000, CAP1 VENTURE: 10000, CAP1 QS: 6500, CAP1 QS1: 3300,
DISC IT: 1400, MERRICK: 2200, PAYPAL CREDIT: 3000,
US BANK CASH+: 5000, WALMART: 5000, TARGET MC: 4000, ANN TAYLOR: 6000, VS: 6000, EXPRESS: 5000, NY&CO: 4000, SMILE GEN: 1500
Message 38 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they're using the savings from this cut to fund the double rewards offer then more power to them! At least Discover giveth before they taketh away.

Message 39 of 84
shane82388
Established Contributor

Discover IT Discontinuing Some Card Benefits

This is a message I just got on my Discover IT card...

Dear XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXX,

Your Discover® card's built-in benefits are streamlining on August 1, 2015

At Discover, we want you to be happy. That's why we periodically review the valuable benefits that are built in to your Discover card. We have decided to retain some benefits - like purchase protection and price protection - and discontinue others.

What this means for you:

Effective August 1, 2015 Discover card will discontinue the following benefits: 24/7 Travel Assistance, Baggage Delay Insurance, and Emergency Roadside Assistance. If you have a loss or incident that occurs on or after August 1, 2015, it will not be covered by these benefits.

Want to learn more?

See all your card's built-in benefits at Discover. com/cardbenefits

Sincerely,
Discover Card Customer Service

So it sounds like they are taking some potentially useful benefits away and not really adding much of anything...bummer. Anyone else get this?

Message 40 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.