Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Card Benefits

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Changes to Discover card benefits

yeah, this sucks. are they adding anything or just taking stuf away? 24/7 travel assistance and the baggage insurance are pretty big in my opinion. is discover exiting the premium card business?

Message 61 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

yeah, this sucks. are they adding anything or just taking stuf away? 24/7 travel assistance and the baggage insurance are pretty big in my opinion. is discover exiting the premium card business?

Not sure, but those changes are not good.  I will have to consider closing card or keeping it.  Only opened it last month.

Message 62 of 84
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Not sure, but those changes are not good.  I will have to consider closing card or keeping it.  Only opened it last month.

I think that'd be a bit hasty...yes it's a shame these benefits are gone, but it is still a very nice cash back card, at least for the 5% categories

Message 63 of 84
GoldSorata
Established Contributor

While taking away perks is never a good thing has anyone actually used these perks that Discover offered and are removing? Or used the same on another card before? They seem minor to me honestly. They still have things like the collision damage waiver for rentals, etc...

I wouldn't be surprised if they are axing them due to being infrequently used features.

Message 64 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think that'd be a bit hasty...yes it's a shame these benefits are gone, but it is still a very nice cash back card, at least for the 5% categories

Ummm, yeah, it might be a bit excessive, but i actually do use and care more about the perks than 5% cash back (altough they're nice dont get me wroing) Smiley Happy We all have different needs.  This is my very first Discover, so i will keep it.

Message 65 of 84
GoldSorata
Established Contributor

For example the Emergency roadside assistance they are getting rid of...

This is what it is:

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/member-benefits/roadside-dispatch.html

When you're on the road, one number is all you need to
get 24-hour roadside assistance. Call 1-800-DISCOVER
anytime, anywhere. Just pay $69.95 each time you need service.*

The cardmember will pay $69.95, payable in U.S. dollars, per request for service with no additional expense for covered services rendered. Towing assistance will be covered for up to 10 miles from the disablement location for mechanical, collision or tire-related towing episodes. Any additional mileage requested will be at the expense of the Cardmember

Is that even much of a benefit? 

Message 66 of 84
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

It is not a benefit I would ever use. I have AAA as they are widely accepted and have a good reputation.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 67 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree with seezar. None of these benefits were used or necessary to me so not feeling the loss.
Message 68 of 84
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

I would not use those benefits, and from earlier in the thread, where is lounge access a benefit?
Signature needs updating
Message 69 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GoldSorata wrote:

For example the Emergency roadside assistance they are getting rid of...

This is what it is:

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/member-benefits/roadside-dispatch.html

When you're on the road, one number is all you need to
get 24-hour roadside assistance. Call 1-800-DISCOVER
anytime, anywhere. Just pay $69.95 each time you need service.*

The cardmember will pay $69.95, payable in U.S. dollars, per request for service with no additional expense for covered services rendered. Towing assistance will be covered for up to 10 miles from the disablement location for mechanical, collision or tire-related towing episodes. Any additional mileage requested will be at the expense of the Cardmember

Is that even much of a benefit? 

I rather pay 56 bucks per year for AAA membership for roadside assistant. Smiley LOL

Message 70 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.