Did you mean: 

Discover Card Benefits

tag
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover IT Discontinuing Some Card Benefits

Is this the 4th thread on this?

I appreciate it OP, but the search feature is there for a reason. Smiley Tongue

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 41 of 84
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Yes, already discussed here in multiple threads

Message 42 of 84
shane82388
Established Contributor

Did you guys do a search when picking your forum usernames? ;-) haha

Just kidding, I did actually look through first couple pages and didnt see anything about it...oops.

Message 43 of 84
kdm31091
Super Contributor

The consensus was that these benefits aren't really popular or important for most anyway.

But yes I've definitely read this four or five times on here lol
Message 44 of 84
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

Thanks OP. Actually this is news to me. It doesn't really affect how/whether I'd use the card but I'm sure some would want to know.
Message 45 of 84
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Dw4250 wrote:
Thanks OP. Actually this is news to me. It doesn't really affect how/whether I'd use the card but I'm sure some would want to know.

Sure, but the question is how many times should something be posted.  For (nearly) every post, there is someone who sees it for the first time and finds it useful.   But that leads to posting everything all the time which doesn't really work.    

Message 46 of 84
harinootsak
Established Member

Re: Discover Card Changes.....Sock Drawer?

This is me, I didn't follow the online statements closely. I had never used any of these features, but it as described like a corporations HR department "upgrading" benefits once a year. 

Cap1 MC Pt: $9750 Synchrony Amazon: $5000 Discover it: $4500
Barclay ring MC Pt: $17000 Chase freedom VISA Sig $9000 Amex ED: $32500
Simmons VISA Pt: $9250 Cap1 QS VISA Sig: $7000 CU PLOC: $16500 TD Target $2000
Message 47 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover It dropping features?

Did anyone else receive this letter from Discover:

Your Discover® card's built-in benefits are streamlining on August 1, 2015 At Discover, we want you to be happy. That's why we periodically review the valuable benefits that are built in to your Discover card. We have decided to retain some benefits - like purchase protection and price protection - and discontinue others.

What this means for you: Effective August 1, 2015 Discover card will discontinue the following benefits: 24/7 Travel Assistance, Baggage Delay Insurance, and Emergency Roadside Assistance. If you have a loss or incident that occurs on or after August 1, 2015, it will not be covered by these benefits.

Want to learn more? See all your card's built-in benefits at Discover.com/cardbenefits

Sincerely,

Discover Card Customer Service

Thoughts?

Message 48 of 84
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover It dropping features?

@Anonymous wrote:

Did anyone else receive this letter from Discover:

Your Discover® card's built-in benefits are streamlining on August 1, 2015 At Discover, we want you to be happy. That's why we periodically review the valuable benefits that are built in to your Discover card. We have decided to retain some benefits - like purchase protection and price protection - and discontinue others.

What this means for you: Effective August 1, 2015 Discover card will discontinue the following benefits: 24/7 Travel Assistance, Baggage Delay Insurance, and Emergency Roadside Assistance. If you have a loss or incident that occurs on or after August 1, 2015, it will not be covered by these benefits.

Want to learn more? See all your card's built-in benefits at Discover.com/cardbenefits

Sincerely,

Discover Card Customer Service

Thoughts?

Yes ... its been around here for a bit already. I dont really care since i never used them and have plenty of other cards 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 49 of 84
Jeff532003
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover It dropping features?

Still a good rewards card for the category spending and now the double cash. They had to come up with the money for that somewhere right?
I have AMEX and my Venture card that offer all of those benefits. Maybe others as well so it's no big loss to me as discover would never have been my travel card.
Capital One Venture- 10k, Quicksilver 3.5k, QS MC- 5.8 k, Venture One 5k| Chase Amazon 2k | American Express PRG- NPSL, JetBlue TrueBlue-2k | Bank of America Cash Rewards- 2k | DIscover IT- 1.3k | Barclay's Rewards MC- 1.3k | Greylock FCU (elan)- 500 | BJ's Perks Mastercard 3k | Overstock - 1k| Express - 750 | J Crew 4.3k | Orbitz Visa 2k| Walmart 700 |
TU FICO 5/14 - 520 | FICO 2/15 - 704 | FICO 6/21 - 702 |
Message 50 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.