Not applicable

Re: Discover It dropping features?

Your Discover® card's built-in benefits are streamlining

Corporate-speak cracks me up. 

Message 51 of 84
Bman70
Established Contributor

Re: Discover It dropping features?

Really, the Roadside Assistance on credit cards tends to be limited to some version of "we'll call someone to come help you." Other than that, towing or help fees are billed to your card. I can get concierge to call a tow truck if I want, but it's faster just to call myself. Smiley Happy I think AAA or even the cellular phone offered RA plans are much better. In fact, I'm a member. Smiley Wink

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 52 of 84
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Changes to Discover card benefits

Just got the following email from Discover.

Mr. MORGAN, your Discover card's built - in benefits are streamlining on August 1, 2015

At Discover, we want you to be happy. That's why periodically review the valuable benefits that are built in to your Discover card. We have decided to retain some benefits - like purchase protection and price protection - and discontinue others.

What this means for you:
Effective August 1, 2015 Discover card will discontinue the following benefits: 24/7 Travel Assistance, Baggage Delay Insurance, and Emergency Roadside Assistance. If you have a loss or incident that occurs on or after August 1, 2015, it will not be covered by these benefits.

Want to learn more?
See all your card's built-in benefits at Discover.com/cardbenefits.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 53 of 84
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Changes to Discover card benefits

@morgacj2004 wrote:
Just got the following email from Discover.

Mr. MORGAN, your Discover card's built - in benefits are streamlining on August 1, 2015

At Discover, we want you to be happy. That's why periodically review the valuable benefits that are built in to your Discover card. We have decided to retain some benefits - like purchase protection and price protection - and discontinue others.

What this means for you:
Effective August 1, 2015 Discover card will discontinue the following benefits: 24/7 Travel Assistance, Baggage Delay Insurance, and Emergency Roadside Assistance. If you have a loss or incident that occurs on or after August 1, 2015, it will not be covered by these benefits.

Want to learn more?
See all your card's built-in benefits at Discover.com/cardbenefits.

This has been reported here MANY many times!

Message 54 of 84
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Thanks for sharing!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 55 of 84
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Sorry that I was not able to read through all of the past threads 50000+ to see this.!!!!!!  Funny how I have been with DC for awhile and just got the email this morning.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 56 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, everyone is changing benefits...so is barclay arrival.  Find my thread from this morning to find out about it.

Message 57 of 84
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@morgacj2004 wrote:

Sorry that I was not able to read through all of the past threads 50000+ to see this.!!!!!!  Funny how I have been with DC for awhile and just got the email this morning.

It's been on the statement notes for a while (you know, those long bits everyone reads carefully every month!)  I guess emails might be because it is finally getting close.

Message 58 of 84
mxp114
Valued Contributor

I just got the email too and losing so much, never used but still a big reduction in benefits. All of the premium stuff is being eliminated, adios airport lounge and concierge and special events and travel delay, etc. I guess my card is basically a regular account effective August 1.

Message 59 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not cool...im already upset at my low $800 limit...very conservative bank.

Message 60 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.