Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Card CLI

tag
MrCredit
Established Contributor

Discover Card CLI

Anybody know how the heck to score a CLI with Discover. Been a cardmember since 10/2007, with PIF payments except for 1 month, currently have $1000 CL. Everytime I push option 5 after putting income in and reason it wants to transfer me to a rep, "we need more information to process your request".... I asked about this and they say it would pull a hard and go to an analyst. I do not get it, if they pull hard who with? I am getting sick of this, I like Discover and am a rebuilder....with former BK.

EQ=646

EX=660

TU=603 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cabarkeep
New Contributor

Re: Discover Card CLI

I personally would just be happy that you have a discover card ... at this time it seems that ALL credit card companies are tightening up policies and models.

I talked at length to a credit analyst at discover and she told me that discovers new rules include no one will be issued a Discover card over 16,000 limit ... I had a 25,000 limit and she said it would have been lowered accordingly at sometime as they had made a corporate decision to review accounts and cut back on their exposure.  Keep in mind I have a few cards in the 20k range but they chose to cut the limit to 11,500 after being at 25k for quite awhile, basically since I have owned the card.

Do not tempt them to look at your credit .. just relax and keep up the good work rebuilding the credit and keep your balances super low ..they did not like the fact that i took advantage of a balance transfer and had about a 40% util on their card that would have been paid off in 60 days but now i will just leave the balance as i think they will chase the balance just like AMEX has done to most people that had a cld.

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrCredit wrote:

Anybody know how the heck to score a CLI with Discover. Been a cardmember since 10/2007, with PIF payments except for 1 month, currently have $1000 CL. Everytime I push option 5 after putting income in and reason it wants to transfer me to a rep, "we need more information to process your request".... I asked about this and they say it would pull a hard and go to an analyst. I do not get it, if they pull hard who with? I am getting sick of this, I like Discover and am a rebuilder....with former BK.

EQ=646

EX=660

TU=603 

They pulled TU for me last month.

Message 2 of 3
cabarkeep
New Contributor

I personally would just be happy that you have a discover card ... at this time it seems that ALL credit card companies are tightening up policies and models.

I talked at length to a credit analyst at discover and she told me that discovers new rules include no one will be issued a Discover card over 16,000 limit ... I had a 25,000 limit and she said it would have been lowered accordingly at sometime as they had made a corporate decision to review accounts and cut back on their exposure.  Keep in mind I have a few cards in the 20k range but they chose to cut the limit to 11,500 after being at 25k for quite awhile, basically since I have owned the card.

Do not tempt them to look at your credit .. just relax and keep up the good work rebuilding the credit and keep your balances super low ..they did not like the fact that i took advantage of a balance transfer and had about a 40% util on their card that would have been paid off in 60 days but now i will just leave the balance as i think they will chase the balance just like AMEX has done to most people that had a cld.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.