cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Card Cash Back Bonus Promo (50% Gas Card Discount)

tag
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover Card Cash Back Bonus Promo (50% Gas Card Discount)

I only had enough CB for one of these last month.  I just got it in the mail, and I was hoping to redeem for two more this month.

When I logged on, I saw that there is a new "Shell limited offer."  For a limited time only, you can now redeem $25 for a $25 gift card Smiley Sad

Oh well, glad I got one.  

Has anyone noticed if there's a way to sort by the best deals on the Discover redemption site?  I want it to show me where I can get double CB bonus back, and I'll just keep checking until it's a store I frequent, and then redeem all the CB I've saved up.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 28
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

I received my cards just a few days after I submitted my request - just in time for an 800 mile road trip!  What was nice is that several of the Shell stations that we encountered gave discounts for cash transactions, and these cards were treated as cash.

Message 22 of 28
BoSox617
Contributor

@thrasher865 wrote:

Has anyone noticed if there's a way to sort by the best deals on the Discover redemption site?  I want it to show me where I can get double CB bonus back, and I'll just keep checking until it's a store I frequent, and then redeem all the CB I've saved up.

Hi Thrasher,

FYI, there is an offer to redeem $70 of cashback rewards for a $75 Shell card - that's 6.66% savings.

WRT how you can find the "best deals":

1. Click the Cashback Bonus tab on the top of your screen

2. Click See Options under the "Get It" section

3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click "Browse by Best Value"

4. You'll see a section that allows you to select based on the following (these are displayed linearly):

a. Merchandise

b. Extra $20 or more

c. Extra $15

d. Extra $10

e. Extra $5

Good luck! Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 28
HiLine
Blogger

I'm saving my Discover cash back until another deal like this comes up Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 28
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

I got all excited and didn't see the date on the original post. DOH!

I'm sitting on $430~ worth of Cashback right now.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 25 of 28
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Old thread alert. Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 28
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 27 of 28
andre181
Established Contributor

Dang, I missed the date of the OP too. I went straight to the Discover site. 

I have ~$350 of cashback sitting there. I sure would have ordered at least 4 of these.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.