Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Card Customer Service (Rave)

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Discover Card Customer Service (Rave)

It’s so nice when things go smoothly without hiccups or drama. So glad to hear that this was taken care of in a timely and customer-service oriented manner. Kudos to Discover and thanks for sharing @UncleB

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 11 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah I have only had to call Discover once but I had an excellent experience as well. They have their customer service locked down and that’s why when I have a major purchase, I will be much more likely to ask Disco for a 0% promo than open up a new card to finance the purchase with. 

If they were to offer a flat 2% cash back card, they would get the vast majority of my spend. 

This. They would be my daily driver for a 2%, which, they should have no problem doing with the higher swipe fees they get over V/MC.

Message 12 of 38
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Yup, they send out a replacement to be received in a day or two. I went through this before the freeze card option was available. No other bank I had at the time even came close to this kind of service.

Message 13 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great topic! Disco is simply awesome. Chatted them last night regarding CLI, spend, etc. Super friendly rep. Without even asking, I ended up being offered and leaving with this 💘 Sorry, OP. Not to spin off into an APR topic. But agreed. Awesome CS 🏆

Screenshot_20190218-200733~2.png

Message 14 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

A month ago I left-behind my Discover card at a merchant, wasn't sure where -- I'd been traveling. Called to report Lost... was concerned that since it was a secured account I'd receive second rung treatment.  Nope.  CSR was so courteous and succinct, I was off in < 2 minutes.  He had told me to expect the replacement in 2 to 3 days -- it was Fed'Ex'd overnight.

Agree with OP's assessment.

Message 15 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing this positive experience with Discover! 

Message 16 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing UncleB.

I had a similar experience with Chase recently. CSR was great but its been 5 business days and I have not received my card yet.

Message 17 of 38
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
Thats good to know! I had a similar good experience with them as well! This is also why I have my alerts set to $1.00, so even if someone was trying to see if they could just buy "gum" first, to go thru, Ill get the alert.

I know we aren't responsible for fraud charges, but I feel like if we can do our part as well to help with how much a fraudster tries to get away with (such as setting alerts and low amounts), and smack it down early, its better for everyone in the long run, including the lender.

I have all my alerts set as low as possible, .01, 1.00, or I believe Amex made me do 10.00.   That being said I do not have access to my phone or personal email durring work hours so even with my alearts it could 8 hours or more before I see an alert 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 18 of 38
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Oh yeah. Disco’s service is second to none. I’m glad everything worked out for you!
Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 19 of 38
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I've had fraud on my Disco account on a couple different occasions and they were always prompt in resolving it and getting me a new card. Can't complain at all about anything with their customer service; always excellent.

It's to the issuer's benefit to get the replacement card out quickly so you can spend on it again, so not sure why some banks make it more of a hassle/slower process.

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.