cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Card Customer Service (Rave)

tag
BurgeoningHope
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover Card Customer Service (Rave)

@kdm31091 wrote:

How is it too restrictive? Have you had a lot of issues this quarter with it? It's been fine for me so far. Yes, Target and Walmart do not count even if they come up as grocery, but Disco wants to pay 5% on grocery purchases not 5% on almost anything (which you can buy at Target/Walmart) so I get it.

Interesting - I think you have a point. However, let's hope their powers that be never walk into a King Soopers super store.

Message 31 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BurgeoningHope wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

How is it too restrictive? Have you had a lot of issues this quarter with it? It's been fine for me so far. Yes, Target and Walmart do not count even if they come up as grocery, but Disco wants to pay 5% on grocery purchases not 5% on almost anything (which you can buy at Target/Walmart) so I get it.

Interesting - I think you have a point. However, let's hope their powers that be never walk into a King Soopers super store.

Ehhhh... King Soopers is nowhere near the level of Target or Walmart. They are very much grocery store first and they tacked on the kitchen sink. 

Message 32 of 38
BurgeoningHope
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@BurgeoningHope wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

Ehhhh... King Soopers is nowhere near the level of Target or Walmart. They are very much grocery store first and they tacked on the kitchen sink. 

You won't get argument from me on that comparison. However, they're still way more than a grocery store if you can buy clothing, small appliances, furniture, office supplies, real kitchen equipment, and much more. I think you mentioned you live (or lived) in Colorado. If in the Denver area, check out the Kings at 80th & Wadsworth for one example. Or trundle down to Parker for the store that actually has booze in it. Pretty sure I saw gas grills lined up in front of that one last summer.

Marsh stores in the midwest can be the same way. Much bigger, much more non-grocery merchandise than the small Walmarts that focus more on groceries.

Definitely not Walmart/Target. But still way more than I suspect Discover think.

Message 33 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BurgeoningHope wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@BurgeoningHope wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

You won't get argument from me on that comparison. However, they're still way more than a grocery store if you can buy clothing, small appliances, furniture, office supplies, real kitchen equipment, and much more. I think you mentioned you live (or lived) in Colorado. If in the Denver area, check out the Kings at 80th & Wadsworth for one example. Or trundle down to Parker for the store that actually has booze in it. Pretty sure I saw gas grills lined up in front of that one last summer.

Marsh stores in the midwest can be the same way. Much bigger, much more non-grocery merchandise than the small Walmarts that focus more on groceries.

Definitely not Walmart/Target. But still way more than I suspect Discover think.

Discover knows how expansive Kroger family stores can get but they’re still primarily grocery stores. I think what Discover is trying to avoid is people buying expensive electronics under the guise of groceries which is exactly what I would be doing if Walmart coded as grocery because I want a PS4 Pro but I have bad luck getting consoles in the mail so I am leery about doing it on Amazon. 

Message 34 of 38
BurgeoningHope
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Discover knows how expansive Kroger family stores can get but they’re still primarily grocery stores. I think what Discover is trying to avoid is people buying expensive electronics under the guise of groceries which is exactly what I would be doing if Walmart coded as grocery because I want a PS4 Pro but I have bad luck getting consoles in the mail so I am leery about doing it on Amazon. 

Get your PS4 / new laptop / cell phone in an Amazon locker nearby. It works really well, porch pirates be damned!

(To keep it on topic, Discover points are easy to use on Amazon Smiley Wink )

Message 35 of 38
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

OMG THE SAME EXACT THING HAPPEDED TO ME except with Cap1 bank.  The rep was great and knew exactly what to do .........................

And then I woke up and the dream was over

Glad you had a great experience UB

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 36 of 38
Save-n-Invest
Established Contributor

I had an unauthorized charge on Discover a few years ago. Discover was extremely helpful. I new card arrived quickly. 

Several days later a package arrived at my doorstep. A counter manager at a local department store saved payment info from a phone order several months earlier. She had a creative way to make her month. 

I contacted Discover. They asked me to return the item if it's not too inconvenient. I took it back to the store. The store mamager's secretary read me the riot act because I didn't contact the department store instead of Discover. Goof!

Goes without saying I no longer do business there. 

Message 37 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I have a rave to add. 

Last month my cash back match tally disappeared from my account and I figured it might have been a glitch so I waited for my statement to post today. Well it still wasn’t showing so I called and she told me that it ended in January and would be paid April 6th. Well I opened the card 3/26/18 so I pointed out that it was wrong. 

She put me on hold for a few minutes while she looked into it (regularly checking in with me while she was working) and then she sent it to a supervisor to look at and the supervisor went ahead and changed the date in the system so it will calculate all of my cash back earned until 3/26 and then I will get paid 4/27. Big 👍 to Disco! Smiley Happy

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.