Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Card is welcoming me home after Chapter 7

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Card is welcoming me home after Chapter 7

They were included in bankruptcy. I had approximately 19 different cards and it wa s acard for each occassion lol, and this was way before credit churning became popular. I love credit cards and have nothing against them because it helped me get through college lbvs.

Message 21 of 47
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a $500 Chase/Amazon Visa Card Card and a AMEX Green Card.

If you only burned Chase for 500 then I would pay them back. They might let you back in with a BK7. Whatever you owe Amex for you'll be blacklisted until you pay them back if you ever want to get back with them. 

Message 22 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope that is possible, I'll definitely give that a go within the next month or 2.

Message 23 of 47
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I hope that is possible, I'll definitely give that a go within the next month or 2.

I wish you luck!

Message 24 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@soxfaininfl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you only burned Chase for 500 then I would pay them back. They might let you back in with a BK7. Whatever you owe Amex for you'll be blacklisted until you pay them back if you ever want to get back with them. 

Even if OP pays Chase what is owed, it's gonna be a no as long as that BK is there. 

Message 25 of 47
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have wodnerful news! I filed Chapter 7 April 2018 and got a Capital One Secure the following month and a few months later the credit one card with $1,500 limit and by the 6 month the Quick Silver Card with $6,000 limit, and 6 months later my limit was raised to $10,000 and I received the Venture Card with a $10,000 limit and about 6 months later my Venture limit was riased to $13,000 and I was approved for the Savor with a $10,000 limit. 

I would take a breather if I were you. You filed BK in April 2018--a mere 20 months ago--and have already accumulated $35K in CLs. When was your BK discharged?

I really am confused why the rush to get back into credit. I'm trying to understand if any lessons were learned from going into debt and burning lenders.

When I filed in 74, the last thing I wanted to do was jump back into getting credit. I needed to learn from my mistakes so hopefully I wouldnt repeat them, and that took some more years. Yep, there were setbacks and yet more falls before I finally accepted that credit wasnt free money--it had to be paid back, with interest, and on time. 

My hope for you--and this is very sincere--that you will slow your roll, drastically. Credit cards are not going anywhere and they'll be there years from now. This break will give you an opportunity to assimilate the excellent advice given on this forum and most importantly, understand that quite a few of us have been there, done that. We speak from experience--not to be pompous, know-it-alls, or naysayers. 

GL2U

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 26 of 47
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@soxfaininfl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Even if OP pays Chase what is owed, it's gonna be a no as long as that BK is there. 

More than likely, but it's worth a shot. Hopefully Chase will change their policy on BK's in the future.

Message 27 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@soxfaininfl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@soxfaininfl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

More than likely, but it's worth a shot. Hopefully Chase will change their policy on BK's in the future.

General trend in credit underwriting is towards greater strictness.  

Congrats to op though.

Message 28 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome job!
Message 29 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m in a rush because the stage has been set for the perfect storm and I’m riding the wave! For example over the last 2 I started out as an IT Intern and now I’m with my fourth employer and every time I move to a new employer my pay as well as duties and responsibilities increase and the environment is better ! Currently I’m thinking about my next career move and of course with an increase in salary comes greater chances of credit card offers and limit increases! That being said I’m on a mission and I guess you can say there is a method to madness and everything won’t make sense until I produce tangible results ! Of course I often here millennials have a bad habit of job hopping however my mindset is the complete opposite
Message 30 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.