Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Card is welcoming me home after Chapter 7

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Card is welcoming me home after Chapter 7

@Anonymous wrote:
I’m in a rush because the stage has been set for the perfect storm and I’m riding the wave! For example over the last 2 I started out as an IT Intern and now I’m with my fourth employer and every time I move to a new employer my pay as well as duties and responsibilities increase and the environment is better ! Currently I’m thinking about my next career move and of course with an increase in salary comes greater chances of credit card offers and limit increases! That being said I’m on a mission and I guess you can say there is a method to madness and everything won’t make sense until I produce tangible results ! Of course I often here millennials have a bad habit of job hopping however my mindset is the complete opposite

Looks like all things fast track for you, don't let anyone stop you!! 2020 looks really bright! Happy New Year and good luck.

Message 31 of 47
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
 For example over the last 2 I started out as an IT Intern and now I’m with my fourth employer and every time I move to a new employer my pay as well as duties and responsibilities increase and the environment is better ! Currently I’m thinking about my next career move 

Hey, first congrats!  I wanted to just put this out there....4506-T with Discover.  If you do app, and you've had several different jobs just be sure to only put income that you can back up with the last two years tax returns.  Later on you can tweak your income but at first, be very sure to only put income they can verify from past tax returns (2 yrs. worth 2017 and 2018 or 2018 and 2019 depending on app timing).  Not saying it will be a definite request from them but since you are climbing up I'd hate to see you get that request and card shut down from irs verification not matching with current income.  GL on all of your endeavors!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 32 of 47
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your recent wave of success OP!!

We are a Data sharing community OP, hence we only echo what's been predominantly backed up by DPs shared within the community which has about 99% accuracy the 1% being unicorns. We don't intend to discourage people but merely to convey data to guide and help us in deciding for apps and avoid burning and wasting HPs.

That being said ;

....If you burned Amex for no more than $5K then they may let you back in no earlier than 10 years without paying back what's owed to them. If it's more than $5K then pray you get to live within their pardon period.

- From my personal experience along with hundreds if not thousands of myFICOers.

As for Chase, it's 99.99% NO GO and instant decline with a BK on file. I've just burned and wasted a 2x HP last month with them when they had that so called "glitch" that prequalified a lot even with 240/24! This from a CPC with almost 9 years deep of BK on file!

Discover is a crapshoot as they are as unpredictable as any lender can be. No one even has decoded their CLI algorithm here or anywhere else on the planet.

I suggest NOT to waste your HPs with Amex and Chase for the foreseeable future

OP.

Best of Luck to all your endeavors!

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 33 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the feedback and I only have 1 employer and it’s a full time position best believe I don’t want to go through the hassle of verifying income and submit W2 because of the system thinks I have a questionable back ground lbvs .
Message 34 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Amazon Card was $500 and AMEX was $1,800. I’ll definitely see if it’s possible to pay my past due balance or a portion to get my foot back in door .
Message 35 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you and I’m going to do my best to make my best move my best move especially when it comes to elevating my career and credit!
Message 36 of 47
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

@JR_TX wrote:

....If you burned Amex for no more than $5K then they may let you back in no earlier than 10 years without paying back what's owed to them. If it's more than $5K then pray you get to live within their pardon period.

- From my personal experience along with hundreds if not thousands of myFICOers.

OP.

Amex won't be a HP. He is a member. Even though he burned them, he is still a member. He can apply all day, and it will be a soft pull. He will just get a decline due to prior relationship. I know I tried it just to see if I was blacklisted, and I am. I burned them for 2,300. Only applicants that have never had an Amex card will get an HP. 

Message 37 of 47
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Chase Amazon Card was $500 and AMEX was $1,800. I’ll definitely see if it’s possible to pay my past due balance or a portion to get my foot back in door .

With Amex you will have to make a payment in full. They will not take payments, and it will have to be for the full amount. They will not take less than the full amount. I would wait till your BK is close to 5 years old to pay them back because they will not let you back in until your BK is 5 years old or older. Save your money for now, and use it for other things. 

Message 38 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@soxfaininfl wrote:

@JR_TX wrote:

OP.

Amex won't be a HP. He is a member. Even though he burned them, he is still a member. He can apply all day, and it will be a soft pull. He will just get a decline due to prior relationship. I know I tried it just to see if I was blacklisted, and I am. I burned them for 2,300. Only applicants that have never had an Amex card will get an HP. 

That's not actually true. Sometimes AMEX will HP existing members. But it's certainly true that if you're blacklisted, it's a denial with no HP. 

Message 39 of 47
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@soxfaininfl wrote:

@JR_TX wrote:

OP.

That's not actually true. Sometimes AMEX will HP existing members. But it's certainly true that if you're blacklisted, it's a denial with no HP. 

CLI's are soft pulls. Are you saying if you apply for additional Amex cards they are hard pulls or they just randomly HP for additional accounts?

Message 40 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.