Discover Card reporting

Does discover report to all 3 CB's?

When do they normally do that? as in time of the month

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Card reporting

My Discover reports to all 3, and my Discover reports on or around the 6th every month.

It depends on when you applied for the card as to when the due date and the closing dates are set.

I believe my Discover Card started reporting to all 3 before I even received the card.

Message 2 of 10
CS800
Super Contributor

Nice !!

So say it takes 1 week to get the card. And yoiur discover was reporting before you even go the card?

Message 3 of 10
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

My Discover TL didn't report until my second statement, about 1 month and two weeks after I was approved. My statement cuts on the 3rd of the month, TL first reported on EX on the 6th.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS800 wrote:

Nice !!

So say it takes 1 week to get the card. And yoiur discover was reporting before you even go the card?

If I'm not mistaken, my Discover started to report just a few days after I apped and was approved, I know for a fact that my Barclays card started to report 2 days after I apped and was approved, I was like Smiley Surprised I may have the two mixed up, but I really do think my Discover started to report a few days after application and a few days before I received the card.

Message 5 of 10
mxp114
Valued Contributor

My Discover took two months to report, which was fine with me because I was then able to get approved for another card before it was reported as a new acct Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mxp114 wrote:

My Discover took two months to report, which was fine with me because I was then able to get approved for another card before it was reported as a new acct Smiley Wink

This is exactly why I remember why my Discover showed up so quickly, I had apped for an AmEx a few weeks earlier and it was backdated to 91 and I really wanted the AmEx to report first to boost my AAoA's before the Discover TL was reported, but Discover reported right away and AmEx took like 2 cycles to report.

Message 7 of 10
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Discover-reporting-question-especially-for-newer-approv...

I started a similar thread, two responses I got both seemed to be 2nd statement or month. YMMV.
Message 8 of 10
CS800
Super Contributor

I so eager for the card to report my CL. This will bring my util from 75% to 44%. With a possibility of a good score boost (due to utilization)

And also my two AMEX's already backdated should give me an AAoA increase.

Who knows, I might break the 700 this year (dreaming is allowed Smiley Happy )

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS800 wrote:

I so eager for the card to report my CL. This will bring my util from 75% to 44%. With a possibility of a good score boost (due to utilization)

And also my two AMEX's already backdated should give me an AAoA increase.

Who knows, I might break the 700 this year (dreaming is allowed Smiley Happy )

I'm hoping you get into the 700 Club really soon, the new Discover will help your util and the backdated AmEx's will def help AAoA's.

Best of Luck!!!!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.