Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Card

tag
Iwillobtaingreatcredit
Valued Member

Discover Card

I applied for a Discover Card on line and they couldn't give me an answer.  Does that mean I'm not approved
MYFico
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Established Contributor

Re: Discover Card

Which Discover card did you apply for? One direct from DFS or a co-branded one from another bank?

On the surface you FICO scores do not appear high enough for one direct from DFS.

Message 2 of 19
Iwillobtaingreatcredit
Valued Member

I applied to DFS  online.  They just said that I needed further review
MYFico
Message 3 of 19
Established Contributor

If you are wanting another CC, my suggestion would be to try a CU. IMHO, your credit scores are not just high enough for a Discover card direct from DFS. They are a very conservitive lender.

That said, anything is possible. 

Message 4 of 19
Iwillobtaingreatcredit
Valued Member

Thanks for your helpSmiley Happy
MYFico
Message 5 of 19
Established Contributor

You are welcome.

I hope other members will chime in with their opinions.

Maybe if you provide more credit profile info other members can guide you in terms of CCs to apply for which suits your situation.

Message 6 of 19
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

To make matters worse, I believe Discover, for the most part, pulls TU scores.  So they'd probably use your lowest score, which is less flattering than your other two.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 19
Iwillobtaingreatcredit
Valued Member

Well Thrasher 865   I will keep cleaning up my credit.    Well Orchard said yes for a cc just have to pay the 49 dollars

thanks 

MYFico
Message 8 of 19
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

They harded EX for my app in FL last year. They soft TU for AR occasionally.

Your scores are low OP. Why? You also were not diverted to HSBC Discover - you may have been denied both. I would call 1-800-DISCOVER and ask about your app status. I won't hurt anything.

Message 9 of 19
Iwillobtaingreatcredit
Valued Member

Ok I left out that part.  Let me start over  I applied for a Discover Card and they did divert me over to HSBC Discover and said they would need further review.  Some TL on TU were paid off and removed I need to buy that score again. 

my scores are low because I just went thru a divorce and trying to recover from that.  I also have collection accts that should not be on my credit report  sold and bought several times and a couple of them should not even be reporting.  I never purchased any books from this book co, but they are reporting it on my credit report.  And it is not the original creditor

Message Edited by Iwillobtaingreatcredit on 09-13-2009 12:47 PM
MYFico
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.