cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Cards....... (Chrome, It, Miles)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Cards....... (Chrome, It, Miles)

I'm curious as to what people like most about those cards and what they like least?  I keep getting pre-approval offers from this lender. Initially it was for the secured card, then it advanced to the IT card and chrome card... now it has advanced to It, chrome and Miles....

I can't apply for cards right now as it would be counterproductive for my rebuild process but just curious what people like most or like least about it??

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Discover Cards....... (Chrome, It, Miles)

Discover is a reslly good card to have imo, especially for year one and even better for rebuilders as its a Prime card. Double cash back, bt options ,and abiltity to get spr lowered on occassion are pretty good reasons to me. 5% rotating cats on It, Chrome is great looking card for use with gas and the Miles, though not really a travel card, can basically get 3% back first year.

Curious as to why you cant app this as a rebuilder?
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It would kill my AAOA

My AOYA is 3 months and I want that to age to a year.
Message 3 of 8
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

It's a prime card and first year you get double cash back with up to 10% back in category spend.
Do you have a lot of inquiries and cards now?
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cards 3

Inq ex: 5. TU 3. Eq 2

Thanks for responses
Message 5 of 8
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Oh OK. I don't see the harm in getting it as they like thin files and it will grow with what you have.
Message 6 of 8
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
It would kill my AAOA

My AOYA is 3 months and I want that to age to a year.

In the grand scheme of things, a new account will hrlp more now than it will in 1 year.  At 3 month, you should let as many cards as you can age together. Provided, of course, you are maintaining very low balances.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 7 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah i agree, if you can get this card now, you can garden a year in luxury lol. Not many have the option to get these cards with that low of a aoya.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.