Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Cash Back Craziness!

tag
jpparker07
New Contributor

Discover Cash Back Craziness!

Last week I got an email from Discover thanking me for buying a gift card with my cash back rewards. I am saving up my cashback and using it as a statement credit down the road so I called and informed them that I did not make a points purchase. They easily reversed the transaction. Yesterday I got another email thanking me for buying a NEW gift card to somewhere else. Apparently someone is stealing my cashback and going on gift card sprees! I had to change all my information. Has anyone else had this happen! I've heard of people stealing credit cards for purchases but it was weird to have someone steal my rewards!

Cards: AMEX BCE (2k), Barclay Arrival Mastercard (4.3K), Chase Freedom (1K), Discover It (1.3k), SECU (2K), CapOne Quicksilver (750)

Current Scores- Experian- 695, Equifax- 689, Transunion-680

Goal- 720 Across the Board
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

Re: Discover Cash Back Craziness!

@jpparker07 wrote:

Last week I got an email from Discover thanking me for buying a gift card with my cash back rewards. I am saving up my cashback and using it as a statement credit down the road so I called and informed them that I did not make a points purchase. They easily reversed the transaction. Yesterday I got another email thanking me for buying a NEW gift card to somewhere else. Apparently someone is stealing my cashback and going on gift card sprees! I had to change all my information. Has anyone else had this happen! I've heard of people stealing credit cards for purchases but it was weird to have someone steal my rewards!

that is crazy. I haven't heard of rewards stealing, but somehow its not so surprising.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.