Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Cashback Bonus

tag
elvigy
Contributor

Discover Cashback Bonus

So I got a Discover card a few days ago and immediately signed up for the 5% gas bonus for this quarter. A couple of days later, I saw another offer on my home page for a 2% bonus on ALL purchases for the month of August. Of course, I signed up for that too! But does this mean I get 7% on gas now? Or just the 5%? I bought some gas with the card but so far the cash bonuses aren't showing up so I'm not sure.

I can't find an answer to this anywhere on Discover's website.

Amex BCP | Barclaycard Arrival WMC | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature | Discover IT
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover Cashback Bonus

@elvigy wrote:

So I got a Discover card a few days ago and immediately signed up for the 5% gas bonus for this quarter. A couple of days later, I saw another offer on my home page for a 2% bonus on ALL purchases for the month of August. Of course, I signed up for that too! But does this mean I get 7% on gas now? Or just the 5%? I bought some gas with the card but so far the cash bonuses aren't showing up so I'm not sure.

I can't find an answer to this anywhere on Discover's website.

I thought cash back only gets posted when statement cuts, sorry dont have an answer on the 7%

Message 2 of 10
elvigy
Contributor

I think you're probably right about that. Either way, I'll keep using the Discover to buy gas until this quarter ends but if it is 7% that would be sweet. Smiley Happy

Amex BCP | Barclaycard Arrival WMC | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature | Discover IT
Message 3 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Discover does stack their cashback bonus up to the cap. Remember, gas purchased at where house locations are not eligible for the 5%.
Message 4 of 10
hutchj
Frequent Contributor

I would call and ask. A Discover CSR will be able to give you a much more accurate response to that question.

AMEX BCE: 5k; Barclay Apple: 2.5k; BoA CB: 3k; BoA BBR 4.2k; BoA Travel: 8k; Chase Sapphire: 5k; Chase Freedom: 6k; Citi Diamond: 3k; Discover IT: 9k

June 2013 FICOs: TU: 763; EX: 754; EQ: 764 (was 747 9/2012). Last app 2/20/2014 Garden until 3/2015
Message 5 of 10
john398
Senior Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Discover does stack their cashback bonus up to the cap. Remember, gas purchased at where house locations are not eligible for the 5%.

I am confused, what do you mean by gas purchase at a house location? I never heard that term before

Message 6 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 7 of 10
john398
Senior Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Costco, Sams Club. Warehouse locations

Edit: typo

oh LOL  gotcha

Message 8 of 10
Haroon
New Contributor

I got 5% cash back at SAMs club gas station.
Message 9 of 10
Open123
Super Contributor

@elvigy wrote:

So I got a Discover card a few days ago and immediately signed up for the 5% gas bonus for this quarter. A couple of days later, I saw another offer on my home page for a 2% bonus on ALL purchases for the month of August. Of course, I signed up for that too! But does this mean I get 7% on gas now?

Yes, Discover stacks all cashback bonuses.  7% on all gas purchases is awesome!

For instance, if electronic stores are 5% and you have the 2% bonus, then if you go through shopdiscover for, say, Best Buy, you'd get 5% + 2% + 5% shopdiscover for 12%.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.