cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Cashback Rewards for Gas

wayni208
Valued Member

Discover Cashback Rewards for Gas

Does Discover reward for buying at the pump? I have a transaction coded as AUTOMATED FUEL DISPENSERS. No banner of any sort announcing Cashback category like the one from inside the same store which codes as SERVICE STATIONS.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
AhmedInMD
Established Contributor

Re: Discover Cashback Rewards for Gas

Yes, Discover has a 5% cashback bonus on gas and ground transportation until March 31st

Message 2 of 9
UncleB

@wayni208 wrote:
Does Discover reward for buying at the pump? I have a transaction coded as AUTOMATED FUEL DISPENSERS. No banner of any sort announcing Cashback category like the one from inside the same store which codes as SERVICE STATIONS.

Yes, any gas station where you would get the 5% cash back by paying inside with a clerk you'll also earn 5% by paying outside at the pump.  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 9
Bella007
Senior Contributor

I only buy gas at the pump, and so far all have earned the 5%! Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 679;TU 647; EX 679 Gardening since 11/7/18
Beginning Scores-- EQ 632; TU 576; EX 619 FICO 08 (06/13/16) - BK7 discharged 11/2015
Message 4 of 9
Matt4200
Valued Contributor

I get 10% CashBack at gas with Discover Smiley Wink still in my first year!
Message 5 of 9
ItsPossible
Valued Contributor

@Bella007 wrote:

+1 

"Hover mouse over cards to see CL and APR info"

Message 6 of 9
wayni208
Valued Member

About how often for a new and an old card does it take for then to calculate rewards?
Message 7 of 9
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

You'll see the total points earned once the statement cycles. They aren't like Cap 1 or Barclay's where you see the points total as soon as each transaction posts.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 8 of 9
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Bella007 wrote:

I buy gas at the pump, and then go inside the convenience store and buy cigarettes (yeah yeah, I know Smiley Embarassed), soda, beer, snacks, and all have earned 5%. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.