Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover/ Citi Declined (UPDATE)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover/ Citi Declined

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Credit_repair wrote: Hi all... thanks for the encouragement... I called back citi and I was declined because I have too many inquiries (one from the auto loan in may, two for my recent amazon cards) and I have too many open lines of credit. No way to reconsider decision now... the credit analyst said that I may try back in 6 months after closing some of my credit cards. Ideally they say they only want to see 3 open credit lines. I am not going to try reapplying in six months as I dont see myself closing all my lines of credit to please them. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This suggestion is preposterous. I don't doubt that it was said, but it certainly isn't true. When I got my Citi DP card in December I had six revolving plus a car loan and others have many more. Don't close anything and reapp in six months if you like. Ridiculous. ************************************************************************* I agree. Just two months ago, I was approved for a Citi Platinum with a $7,300 CL. I already have 21 credit cards, one of which is a $7,000 Citi Home Depot card and one is an $8,000 Citi Diamond Preferred card, AND a mortgage (with Citi, btw) and a HELOC. Maybe they meant you can only have 3 with THEM? :-)
Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, which CITI card did you apply for?
Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cheech,

I dont have 3 open lines of credit with them... I actually dont have ANY lines of credit with them. I was considering opening a checking/savings account if I got the cc to make it easier for CC payments... but I guess I will just keep my money elsewhere Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi illtakecreditforthat,

nice name btw... Smiley Wink

I applied for the diamond preferred card

Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover/ Citi Declined (UPDATE)

Update:

My brother called Discover Recon dept and got the decision reversed. I now have a discover more 1000 cl... 5% cash back YAAY...

Called CITI, No go... Too many recent inquiries and accounts.

This makes it:

BOA - 4000 CL

Chase/ WAMU 1000 CL

Chase Amazon 1700 CL (New TL)

Discover More - 1000 CL (New TL)

Cap 1 - 750 CL

Amazon store Card - 2000 CL (New TL)

AMEX - 1000 CL

Macy's - 100 CL

Message 25 of 27
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Update:

My brother called Discover Recon dept and got the decision reversed. I now have a discover more 1000 cl... 5% cash back YAAY...

Called CITI, No go... Too many recent inquiries and accounts.

This makes it:

BOA - 4000 CL

Chase/ WAMU 1000 CL

Chase Amazon 1700 CL (New TL)

Discover More - 1000 CL (New TL)

Cap 1 - 750 CL

Amazon store Card - 2000 CL (New TL)

AMEX - 1000 CL

Macy's - 100 CL

Make sure you fully understand how the Discover rewards program works. It is a great program, but if you think it is 5% CB on everything you are going to be very disappointed.

Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have one but yeah I don't see the big hoopla Discover receives. The 5% is nice in the catagories offered. But the standard 1/4% stinks and it isn't accepted at as many places. That said OP glad you were approved. Just an aside regarding the Citi credit analyst who suggested you have too many open. In today's enviro it's possible some analysts may be looking at too much available and not want to grant more. Good luck!
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.