Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Deals Macy's

tag
Bman70
Established Contributor

Discover Deals Macy's

Has anyone received the Discover Deal cashback for buying furniture at Macys.com? Right now there's a 10% Deal and also the 5% department stores category. The problem is, instead of a shopping cart button, Macy's has a Purchase button for furniture items. When you click it, it calls Macy's for you to complete the order by phone. I can see this getting the 5% category reward, but not the 10% Discover Deal reward. Even if you clicked through from Discover, it's completed by phone so not likely to show up as an online purchase. 

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

Re: Discover Deals Macy's

@Bman70 wrote:

Has anyone received the Discover Deal cashback for buying furniture at Macys.com? Right now there's a 10% Deal and also the 5% department stores category. The problem is, instead of a shopping cart button, Macy's has a Purchase button for furniture items. When you click it, it calls Macy's for you to complete the order by phone. I can see this getting the 5% category reward, but not the 10% Discover Deal reward. Even if you clicked through from Discover, it's completed by phone so not likely to show up as an online purchase. 

When I bought my PS4 from Gamestop, I used Discover Deals thinking I would get the 5% cash back.  However, when I went to complete the purchase online, it said my order was *reserved* and to go to Gamestop to complete it.  Gamestop ended up making me run my card in person and I did not get the deal.  SOOOO, if they make you complete the order over the phone, you probably will not get the 10%

Message 2 of 21
Bman70
Established Contributor

@JagerBombs89 wrote:

@Bman70 wrote:

When I bought my PS4 from Gamestop, I used Discover Deals thinking I would get the 5% cash back.  However, when I went to complete the purchase online, it said my order was *reserved* and to go to Gamestop to complete it.  Gamestop ended up making me run my card in person and I did not get the deal.  SOOOO, if they make you complete the order over the phone, you probably will not get the 10%

See that's rather lame. The Discover Deal motivated you to make a purchase, which is the whole point of that marketing strategy. You clicked through Discover and then bought from the merchant.. So the merchant clearly benefitted from being listed in Deals. They need to change this so these kinds of online purchases don't slip through the cracks. 

On the upside, you now have a PS4. Smiley Happy

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

It might be tied up with the general malfunctioning of the Discover site right now. I was just trying to buy a wallet online from Macy's. I couldn't get to the Deals part of the Discover website at all on my computer, so I wondered if I could on my phone. The Discover app on my phone looked fine, I clicked through to Macy's, but then got a similar 'please call to complete' message on the Macy's site. So maybe it wasn't because it was furniture, it was because of the malfunctioning. 

I called Discover since it LOOKED at that point that via the phone ordering it looked like the issue was on Macy's end and not on Discover's end, but the Discover rep assured me it's broken for them and not to try to buy anything through deals on phone, computer, or otherwise right now. Of course she could give no idea on time line but she would guess it might be fixed in a couple hours. (But really, how could she know). 

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually for this particular issue I dont think it has anything to do with Discovers malfunctions. If you order certain furniture items from Macys online it will ask you to order by phone. Almost did this a few weeks ago but decided to wait. They have a living room set I want.
Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now whether you go through with it and get the 10% bonus is unclear....but I wouldnt bet on it since the screen will ask you to order by phone.
Message 6 of 21
yfan
Valued Contributor

On the other hand, if you are calling in, you can haggle over the price on the phone and maybe get a 10% discount on the price that way. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing beats a failure like a try Smiley Tongue Never heard of haggling with Macys though
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll continue on this thread. 

I tried again on my computer and from my online login, Discover doesn't have the banner anymore that says portion of the site are unavailable. It lets me go to deals and it looks normal. Only there's only a limited amount of vendors there. I tried on my phone, which had Macy's 15 min ago, and now it's not there. i log into my husband's online account and from there, it says the Deals part is not available. 

Anyone else see Macy's still/again? 

Message 9 of 21
yfan
Valued Contributor

I don't see Macy's on Discover Deals either. It could be that the site isn't malfunctioning but rather that they are scrubbing Deals partners that are covered by the category bonus anyway.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.