Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Declined.

tag
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover Declined.

@Red1Blue wrote:

I am not sure if Discover is very good with CL's. I think they give very low CL's like 2K or so. Am I correct?

Yup.  Discover is very conservative with new account CLs.

However, they seem amenable to nice CLIs after 6 months if your spending pattern with them warrants it.  And the automated system for customer-initiated CLI requests counteroffers if your requested new CL is above what they feel like you deserve at that time.

I like Discover, but they are trimming on the rewards end of things like all the others are doing.  They have not, however, changed the rates on my account...yet.  (Keeping fingers crossed here...)

I don't think they like recent inquiries very much, though.  Something to keep in mind!

Carry on...

Message 11 of 21
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@smallfry wrote:

Can't hurt to recon.

Thanks. I'll give them a call and see what they say.

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Romeoo47 wrote:

concorduser, when I applied to Discover they pulled TU and my score at the time was 743.  My household income was around 150K at the time.  I had 1 inquiry and was approved for a $6000CL.  Discover was somewhere in the middle with the rest of my credit cards.

Discover is my lowest CL ($2k) except for my old builder CapOne ($1k). 
Message 13 of 21
DI
Super Contributor

I received my Discover card last week. My EQ with a 725 FICO was pulled. 
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover is actually my oldest tradeline (opened in 1991) and one of my lower CL's at 13,200. The last increase I got was in 9/06. They will grow with you, just at a slower pace.
Message 15 of 21
DI
Super Contributor

Message from Discover

Q. Why isn't my credit limit higher?

A. These are challenging times. Consumers and credit card companies alike are taking a look at spending, credit limits and how we manage our finances.  Consumers know they must be responsible spenders, just as financial institutions know they must be responsible lenders.

Because you've been approved as a Discover Cardmember, we know you have a good credit history. We want to make sure you enjoy all the great benefits you're entitled to, including potential to raise your credit limit. We will evaluate your Discover Card account every three months during the first year and periodically thereafter.  Then, based on your overall credit behavior and Discover Card usage, we may increase your credit line.

Discover Card and you...growing together

Message Edited by DI on 07-16-2009 08:57 AM
Message 16 of 21
jkfaria
Valued Member

I was just approved for the Discover Open RoadThis is pretty unbelievable since my scores are 650-ish at best.

I only apped for this card hoping to get the HSBC backed Discover offer, so when the Rep said "I can approve for the Discover Open Road today, 3.99% until 1/2010, 18.99% thereafter, $1000 CL.", I was in shock.

So I supposedly will receive in a week or so, I will post my experience with thisI really fear this is a bad joke on me, and the first time I go to use it, Discover will take it away and cite my credit scores as the reason....

Oh well, just wanted to share..

EQ Fico - 677 CCT - 712
TU Fico - 692 CCT - 665
EX Fico - ??? CCT - 698
Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrads on your approval. Do you have any baddies on your report?

@jkfaria wrote:

I was just approved for the Discover Open RoadThis is pretty unbelievable since my scores are 650-ish at best.

I only apped for this card hoping to get the HSBC backed Discover offer, so when the Rep said "I can approve for the Discover Open Road today, 3.99% until 1/2010, 18.99% thereafter, $1000 CL.", I was in shock.

So I supposedly will receive in a week or so, I will post my experience with thisI really fear this is a bad joke on me, and the first time I go to use it, Discover will take it away and cite my credit scores as the reason....

Oh well, just wanted to share..

Message 18 of 21
DI
Super Contributor

bumping for reference.
Message 19 of 21
TryN2Rebuild
Regular Contributor

Can anyone tell me if Discover is BK friendly. I don't want to waste an inq if they aren't.

Thanks

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.