Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Denial Score

tag
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Discover Denial Score

Ok, now I'm really weirded out.  I received the letter stating the reasons for denial from when I applied for the discover more card bout a week ago.

Says from Equifax

Type of score: FICO

Your Credit Score: 603

But myFICO says my EQ score is 660, how can that be.  Can anyone shed any light on this for me, any help would be appreciated.

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover Denial Score

Discover might be using a Credit Card Enhanced FICO score maybe?

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 2 of 20
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

Also, have you called their reconsideration line and talked to a credit analyst to see if they can get you approved?  You should definitely try since you already took the hard pull.  You can find the number in the Backdoor Numbers thread at the top of the Credit Cards Forum page. Good luck!

-----------------------
Message 3 of 20
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

I suppose that's possible, are there different types of FICOS that would all come from Equifax?  Wasn't aware they offered different types of FICO, forgive my ignorance, but isn't there just one true FICO?

Message 4 of 20
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

@hedgeclipper2 wrote:

Also, have you called their reconsideration line and talked to a credit analyst to see if they can get you approved?  You should definitely try since you already took the hard pull.  You can find the number in the Backdoor Numbers thread at the top of the Credit Cards Forum page. Good luck!

Yah, actually I already did try a recon, but they would only accept with a joint applicant.  And of course we all know that's not an ideal situation, so I respectfully declined their offer.

Message 5 of 20
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

@BrokaToe wrote:

I suppose that's possible, are there different types of FICOS that would all come from Equifax?  Wasn't aware they offered different types of FICO, forgive my ignorance, but isn't there just one true FICO?

What you get here is a true FICO score, however there are many different types of FICO scores.

The score you see here is exactly what you would see on a mortgage inquiry score most likely.

There are also credit card enhanced fico scores, auto-enhanced fico scores, etc.

-----------------------
Message 6 of 20
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

@BrokaToe wrote:

@hedgeclipper2 wrote:

Yah, actually I already did try a recon, but they would only accept with a joint applicant.  And of course we all know that's not an ideal situation, so I respectfully declined their offer.

Do you have relatively new credit?

-----------------------
Message 7 of 20
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

@hedgeclipper2 wrote:

@BrokaToe wrote:

What you get here is a true FICO score, however there are many different types of FICO scores.

The score you see here is exactly what you would see on a mortgage inquiry score most likely.

There are also credit card enhanced fico scores, auto-enhanced fico scores, etc.

Very good info to be aware of, preciate the feedback

Message 8 of 20
spengbab
Regular Contributor

Yeah Discover uses a FIdifferent FICO score. I think it said Beacon V5 or something like that when they mailed me my credit score. My FICO EQ showed 641 and their system showed 660. It was weird.

Barclaycard Apple Financing (2100), Discover More (2500), US Bank Visa Platinum (2000), CFNA (2200), Chase Freedom (500), Capital One (1500), HSBC Platinum Master Card (750), Nebraska Furniture Mart (1000)
Message 9 of 20
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

Sometimes its almost like they just pick a number and mail it to you.  Their scores have never matched any other scores I have gotten.

-----------------------
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.