Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Direct Pay

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Direct Pay

I usually have no difficulties paying my bills on time, but I'm definitely not immune from some memory lapse. For this reason, I usually set up automatic payments of the whole balance for all my cards in case I forget about it. I'm not sure why, but I always thought that Discover would not offer such a service, but today I look, and there it is!

It might well be that this option was always there and I just never found it on their sometimes confusing site (I also have the feeling they often move stuff around), but now I can finally set it up. Even if it will probably never kick in.

Is this new, or have I been blind until today?

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Direct Pay

I have searched the Discover site several times for this option, just looked again and still cannot find it. Maybe because my account is new? I opened it 3/09 with a BT and still haven't seen a statement or payment due date. It's made me nervous enough to have already made 2 payments to the account.

Where exactly did you find this option on their site?

Message 2 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weird. I don't see it either this time. I can still access it via my browser history, though.

I will call them in order to make sure that I did not fall for some kind of phishing scam and report back.

Edit: I haven't called yet, but if I use the url "discovercard.com" I have the "Automatic Payments" link. If I use "discover.com", I don't. Ridiculous.
Edit 2: Now it comes up with both url's. I guess I will have to call. Let's see what they want to sell me this time.
Message Edited by Ulan on 04-25-2009 05:03 PM
Message 3 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, I called. It's a feature they don't offer to all customers, but it's there, and as I found it, I can use it.

If you want to find it yourself: Type the url "discover.com/directpayplan"

It's free.

Message 4 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I got my Discover card, I called and inquired about automatic payments and was told a specific URL to use to sign up for them (it may have been your link above).

After signing up, I can now see a DirectPay link when I log in normally (presumably so I can make changes if needed), but the link was NOT there until I signed up through the alternate URL.

Message 5 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover as a cc company is a weird mixture. They have very good customer service and don't really pull any unfair stunts, but this is coupled with some aggressive advertising that resembles telephone terror (well, you can at least make them stop it) and harmless, but sneaky things, like hiding this automatic payment link. But as long as they stay fair, I can probably live with that Smiley Wink.
Message 6 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for the url. I was able to reach the site, but they were down due to  maintainance so I'll have to try again in the morning.
Message Edited by VEEnVEGAS on 04-26-2009 12:52 PM
Message 7 of 29
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks so much for the url. I was able to reach the site, but they were doingain try age to  maintainance so I'll havin the morning.

You must have found your meds to control new apping? . . . . Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 29
jaybird201
Established Contributor

hooray for automatic PIFing. don't understand why more people don't just sign-up and check their statements every month to make sure everything is copacetic -- let's me worry about other things.
Message 9 of 29
Scamp
Valued Contributor

jaybird201 wrote:
hooray for automatic PIFing. don't understand why more people don't just sign-up and check their statements every month to make sure everything is copacetic -- let's me worry about other things.

Well, in my case, it's because I'm a control-freak who doesn't want to have to hunt down and stop all the auto-pays and clean up the mess on any I miss or can't get to in time if any kind of serious you-know-what hits the fan and empties my pay-from account.

As well, the way my brain and memory work, actually going through the process each month of paying each bill is something that 'sticks' and lets me know I did, in fact, pay everything, without having to go back and check things. 

To each his/her own - different things work for different folks.

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.