Did you mean: 

Discover EMV Chip Card

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover EMV Chip Card

@coldnmn wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Are they sending these out enmasse or have to ask for chip specifically???

I called and specifically asked about the chip. The web site doesn't show it.

K; Thx Cold Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 33
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

K; Thx Cold Smiley Happy

Mine didn't work at times and they told me they would over night it tomorrow morning no charge.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 22 of 33
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@coldnmn wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

K; Thx Cold Smiley Happy

Mine didn't work at times and they told me they would over night it tomorrow morning no charge.

Good to know that they will take care of their customers quickly!

Message 23 of 33
Terry76308
Valued Member

@-Wade- wrote:

I just got off the phone with Discover and they have the chipped card in any color now.

Thank you for the information; I order my Humane Society card design with EMV chip this morning.

AMEX Green Card - NPSL [Member Since 1995] | AMEX Everyday Card ($25,000) 6/14 Backdated to 1995 | Discover IT ($17,500) | JCPenney Credit Card ($7,000) | Home Depot ($10,000) | Citi ThankYou Preferred Visa Signature ($16,000) | Chase Freedom Visa Signature - ($17,000) | Sam's Club MasterCard - ($20,000) - 5% off gas at any fuel pump | Wells Fargo Personal Line of Credit - ($15,000) | Firestone - ($2,600)

FICO's - 767 EX, 778 EQ, 790 TU [02/2015]
Message 24 of 33
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@Terry76308 wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

I just got off the phone with Discover and they have the chipped card in any color now.

Thank you for the information; I order my Humane Society card design with EMV chip this morning.

Glad i was able to help you Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 25 of 33
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

K; Thx Cold Smiley Happy

hey Buddy, stop letting the grandkids play with it Smiley Frustrated If you want you can send  me the card and i will play with it Smiley LOL

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 26 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 27 of 33
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover EMV Chip Card - candid camera ?

Today I had my first really funny chip experience  in Europe. Tried to make a purchase and tried to swipe my Discover IT card. Then the terminal correctly asked to insert the chip instead. But now it comes to the funny part. The display tells me to swipe again ???  I felt like being on candid camera..LOL... My very first time that I managed to swipe a chip card in Europe at a terminal that takes chip all day long Smiley Surprised

Message 28 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe it's just me, but I like the orange "It" portion better than the gray on the blue card (I do like that the back is a darker color though so you can see everything a little better).

Once the other colors are in the wild and I can get a look at them, maybe I'll order my new card then.  Maybe I'll change it up at that point.

Message 29 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a reminder to anyone that wants a chip discover. That you have to call it in to get the card with the chip. I requested the cassett tape the other week online. I got it and no chip in it. Just fyi. 

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.