cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover FICO Score for new cardholders... How long?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover FICO Score for new cardholders... How long?

My DW activated and registered her new Dicover It a couple days ago. We went online and in the app to check her TU FICO score. The app and the site said they cannot provide her score because her profile didn't contain enough information to generate a score pretty much and we know this is not accurate. She has a mortgage, 3 other credit cards (not counting the Discover) and is an authorized user on at least three of my credit cards that Were opened 2 to 4.2 years. A TU FICO score was generated for her when we got our mortgage in December 2014. We contacted Discover and they said that for new card holders it could take 2 to 3 months before a score is generated. I should also be getting my own Discover It card this week.

A few questions. Does it really take the 2 to 3 months this CSR told us it would take to generate the score? How long did it take some of you newer cardholders to get your scores? Is the score provided the same score that myFICO provides? FICO 08?

I want to thank you all for reading my post and for your replies.

/Mark
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover FICO Score for new cardholders... How long?

Possibly the next statement, but probably what they stated.
Message 2 of 11
Aarvard
Established Contributor

I got mine after 2 weeks I think. You will probably get it after the first statement.

03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

DH opened a Discover 3/30. He's got a Fico showing, same as on myfico, as of 5/6. It says $0 payment is due 5/7 so I expect it's going to generate a statement any day. HTH. 

Message 4 of 11
zerbherb
Established Contributor

Got mine right when i received the card. Strange.

;
Discover it 13300 cl nov 2014/ Everyday 26700 k march 2015/CSP 7.5k Feb 2016/ Freedom Unlimited 7k july 207
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine was on my second statement, which was cut a month and a day after I got my card in the mail (my first statement cut the day after I activated my card - this doesn't happen for everybody but it happened that way for me).

So if she activated it a few days ago, expect the FICO to start showing up on June's statement.

Edited to add: It is a TU FICO 8.  Mine pulls from on or around the last day of the month, because my statements cut on the 5th day of the month.  Your mileage my vary on the day it pulls the score.  It updates on every statement for me because I use my card all the time but if you don't use your Discover regularly they'll start updating the score once a quarter instead, IIRC.

Edited to add, some more: The score from Discover is not dynamic.  It updates one a month upon the cut of the statement.  I just realized my previous statement wasn't exactly clear.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got the It Miles a little over a month ago and did the same thing to me for ~ 2 weeks i think. Just be patient... 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

should be in next statement.

Message 8 of 11
gibeon
Established Contributor

Some times it takes them a few days. Mine took almost a week to first show up.
23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just in case it matters this is a secured card which does explicitly state they provide your score. Her first statement actually cut a couple days ago and we got the first statement in the mail today. Still no score.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.