Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Fraud-Question on CR's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Fraud-Question on CR's

I had a fraudulent charge on my Discover account. They handled it great as usual-my new card has already come and I see all my numbers have changed online as well.

Now, today my CK gets updated so I updated it as I always do-and I see under both TU and EQ "Discover Card was removed from your report" under the changes. I thought it has to be my Disco card being listed as lost or stolen and a new TL would be there too.... but no.... this is just gone. My Disco card is not listed under my open or closed accounts any longer.

I was really hoping I would get to keep the 18 Mo of good history I have built up on there. Does that just vanish now and I get dinged on my fico because I'm going to have what looks like a new account?

What should I do? Or is there anything I can do? Has anyone has this happen with Discover?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Fraud-Question on CR's

@Anonymous wrote:
I had a fraudulent charge on my Discover account. They handled it great as usual-my new card has already come and I see all my numbers have changed online as well.

Now, today my CK gets updated so I updated it as I always do-and I see under both TU and EQ "Discover Card was removed from your report" under the changes. I thought it has to be my Disco card being listed as lost or stolen and a new TL would be there too.... but no.... this is just gone. My Disco card is not listed under my open or closed accounts any longer.

I was really hoping I would get to keep the 18 Mo of good history I have built up on there. Does that just vanish now and I get dinged on my fico because I'm going to have what looks like a new account?

What should I do? Or is there anything I can do? Has anyone has this happen with Discover?

Thanks

It's CreditKarma so I wouldn't  worry about it.  If you have any concerns pull your TU and EQ reports and never rely on CK for report accuracies.

Message 2 of 6
pip3man
Valued Contributor

when situations like yours typically happen, they often delete the original card from your report and on/before ur next statement generates on the new card, they will reinsert the new account on ur CR and also transfer the history so you wouldnt lose anything AAoA wise. This is based on my experience

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pip3man wrote:

when situations like yours typically happen, they often delete the original card from your report and on/before ur next statement generates on the new card, they will reinsert the new account on ur CR and also transfer the history so you wouldnt lose anything AAoA wise. This is based on my experience

Great points and I should have included that info.

Message 4 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah, youll be ok Dj, when i had my fraud on my Sams i originally had 2 accounts showing on my CR but after a month or 2, it got back to normal.Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thx all. I was thinking as awesome as Disco is this seemed odd to me... but you never know. I have not gotten any alerts on myFICO.... so hopefully next week on CK they will reappear.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.