Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Graduation.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Graduation.

I started rebuilding back in April. I was approved for a $2500.00 secured card. I had 11, 12, and 12 collections on my credit reports. Now I'm down to 1 collection on trans union, and 2 collections on experian and equifax. I used the card a lot but I never had a balance over 100.00. Paid in full 3 or 4 times a month. Do you guys thing these collections will keep my card from graduating next statement.
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Graduation.

Hello there. I doubt it. I had my  secured Discover for 5 months, with just a $200 limit. I have been monitoring my scores carefully and cleaning up baddies. I've just 4 left now. Right at the 5 month mark, graduated  to $2500 limit, unsecured. I'd clean up the baddies as soon as you can, but mostly keep paying your balance in full and keep your util low to get graduated. You'll get there soonSmiley Happy

Message 2 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a public collections on my account. I'm at 5 months on my Discover as of October 1st but haven't seen any hint of graduation yet.
Message 3 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Much more common for graduation after 7 statements but a few have gotten it earlier.
Message 4 of 31
Austrausky
Established Member

Graduation isn't a guaranteed thing, but I would say keep doing what you are doing.  I'm 19 months in with $2,000 on deposit, never late, low util, and have been actively cleaning up baddies from my report but have not seen any movement from Discover to graduate my account.  I'm not in a hurry, either -- the key is to keep all accounts low util or PIF and keep cleaning up.

Current cards: Venture $6,500 | QuickSilver” $3,400 | “Discover $2,000
Current Scores: TU 641 / EQ 638 / EX 640
Message 5 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope. I am living proof. Got mines graduated last week and got my deposit back in 3 days. I have 6 collections on TU 11 on EQ and 3 on EX and student loans that was defaulted on. Didn't stop me from getting my card graduated. I tried for an increase but they decline me. TU score is 643 btw
Message 6 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my card graduated after 6 months. Wasn't expecting it. I used mines heavily though but always keep the balance low for the most part. My deposit was 1500.
Message 7 of 31
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

The Discover dilema. Many times those expecting grad dont get it those who dont expext it do. Discover isnt happy unless it plays with our emotionsSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 31
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@Austrausky wrote:

Graduation isn't a guaranteed thing, but I would say keep doing what you are doing.  I'm 19 months in with $2,000 on deposit, never late, low util, and have been actively cleaning up baddies from my report but have not seen any movement from Discover to graduate my account.  I'm not in a hurry, either -- the key is to keep all accounts low util or PIF and keep cleaning up.

Think somewhere in the 640s for TU is a magic number ..... but as always YMMV

-J

Message 9 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

You gotta use that card a lot and pay it down to have it graduate.
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.