Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover HP CLI

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Discover HP CLI

@alkaline wrote:

I have not gotten any CLIs from Discover since I opened the card over a year and a half ago then did a HP CLI about two months after. Each time they want to do a HP now. I've been looking at the TU report I pulled back in July. Of the three inquiries I have on TU, two are from Discover (one from opening the account, other from the HP CLI I requested two months in - the third one is from my apartment's management company). The only soft pulls I have on TU are from Discover, my auto insurance company, and from free monitoring services. I looked at the credit pulls database and the only big creditors that routinely pull TU in my state are Barclays and Capital One. I don't plan on opening any cards with them. Do you guys think it would be fine for me to go ahead and let Discover do a hard pull since they're the only creditor that looks at TU?

I don't think Discover is so important that you should waste hard pulls for a credit limit increase.

There are plenty of other lenders out there.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover always pulls TU for me. If you have few inquiries and want a CLI, go for it!

@SouthJamaica wrote:

I don't think Discover is so important that you should waste hard pulls for a credit limit increase.

There are plenty of other lenders out there.

Discover is becoming an increasingly important lender among all prime lenders. Look at all the deals and promos this year. Chase can suck it.

He only 3 inquiries on file, so it doesn't matter if an inquiry is wasted. And with Discover, inquiries are rarely wasted given his scores. 

Message 12 of 20
alkaline
Regular Contributor

Well, I put in for the CLI and it said there would be a decision within 2 business days. Fingers crossed!
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

just keep an eye on your account. they may surprise hou
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

you*
Message 15 of 20
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@alkaline wrote:
Well, I put in for the CLI and it said there would be a decision within 2 business days. Fingers crossed!

Lately, it seems, the 2-day review note has been a sign of a big CLI to follow.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 16 of 20
alkaline
Regular Contributor

They finished reviewing my request today... I received a $1500 increase to $4350. I called in and spoke to a credit analyst who said that $4350 is the most that Discover can offer me right now. How disappointing. No more hard pulls for Discover Smiley Sad

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@alkaline wrote:

They finished reviewing my request today... I received a $1500 increase to $4350. I called in and spoke to a credit analyst who said that $4350 is the most that Discover can offer me right now. How disappointing. No more hard pulls for Discover Smiley Sad

Could have been worse. Could have been a HP for $500 Smiley Frustrated

Message 18 of 20
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@alkaline wrote:

Or a HP for $0!

While $1500 may seem disappointing, it is a large CLI when you're talking about an overall limit under 5k.

Message 19 of 20
alkaline
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@alkaline wrote:

A couple of months after I first received my Discover card, I let them do a hard pull for a credit line increase and they came back congratulating me on my $350 increase... I called back and complained and they tacked on another $1000.. I don't think they like me anymore since that happened haha Smiley Tongue

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.