Did you mean: 

Discover Hard Pull CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Hard Pull CLI

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the opinion Nixon.  I don't really need the CLI for a big purchase.  I have an AMEX BCP with a $5k limit and a Citi Forward with a $4790 limit, and my revolving utilization has been 2-5% for over a year now.  I just got CLI greed if you know what I mean.  I want to see available credit shoot through the roof.

A little besides the point--I'm new to the forum.  Can you explain to me how to respond to someone's reply, with the text of the message you are replying to highlighted above your response, as you did?

Reply, When it goes into the next screen, press quote, then type away!

Excellent--thanks for your help.

Message 11 of 29
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

I would suggest wait another three months and try to do a big increase with sp.. That's what I would do.. But worth a try for calling again.. I just personally would prefer not to deal with those really.. But it never hurts to try.. Got nothing to lose

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 12 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Christina_xyt wrote:
I would suggest wait another three months and try to do a big increase with sp.. That's what I would do.. But worth a try for calling again.. I just personally would prefer not to deal with those really.. But it never hurts to try.. Got nothing to lose

I tend to agree with you.  I don't want to harass, but I also was able to get them to throw another $1k my way just by saying I wasn't happy with $500.  I'm mainly just wondering why in the world I decided I should authorize a HP, intentionally, for a credit line increase I didn't really need.  My goal is to get a limit of $10k or greater on all three of my major credit cards.  I'm up for a potential AMEX 3x cli in March for my BCP.

Message 13 of 29
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

For Discover to CLI ~$10K is going to take some patience OP.  First, your account is not fully "seasoned" by their standards since your internal score isn't really high enough on the scales to even grant anything beyond >$1K through SP, so that tells you something.  Secondly, it depends on your DTI, overall credit profile (plus other factors) to get to that desired level.  Also, if your spend isn't quantifiable on average to give you anything higher in proportion to what you currently have, then they simply won't budge - of course short of taking a HP to determine if you qualify through that method (but you already experienced the results).

Message 14 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

For Discover to CLI ~$10K is going to take some patience OP.  First, your account is not fully "seasoned" by their standards since your internal score isn't really high enough on the scales to even grant anything beyond >$1K through SP, so that tells you something.  Secondly, it depends on your DTI, overall credit profile (plus other factors) to get to that desired level.  Also, if your spend isn't quantifiable on average to give you anything higher in proportion to what you currently have, then they simply won't budge - of course short of taking a HP to determine if you qualify through that method (but you already experienced the results).

It's interesting you mention internal score.  My TransUnion FICO score which posted on my statement which cut in November was 709.  This was 1 week before the three past dues I mentioned were removed.  I wonder if they evaluated my increase based off of the 709, rather than the 760 it now shows on MyFico.

I agree with you--the account is far from seasoned.  I am 25, and still establishing credit.  I have had the Cit Forward for 6 years, 9 months now.   As far as spending, there is a lot more money I spend in a month on my AMEX BCP becuase it has a limit of $5k.  I told the CSR I would like to increase the limit so I could spend more on the card.

Message 15 of 29
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

It's interesting you mention internal score.  My TransUnion FICO score which posted on my statement which cut in November was 709.  This was 1 week before the three past dues I mentioned were removed.  I wonder if they evaluated my increase based off of the 709, rather than the 760 it now shows on MyFico.

I agree with you--the account is far from seasoned.  I am 25, and still establishing credit.  I have had the Cit Forward for 6 years, 9 months now.   As far as spending, there is a lot more money I spend in a month on my AMEX BCP becuase it has a limit of $5k.  I told the CSR I would like to increase the limit so I could spend more on the card.

Actually, what I meant by internal score is an actual proprietary algorithm of theirs which measures various (internal/external) factors associated with your account and is separate from your actual FICO scores.  But, to your point, they SP your CRA often to feed this information internally to determine the possibility of a CLI and/or lowering your APR (amongst a few things).  So, it's possible the review may have taken place during the time period when those items didn't look so favorable for them  and the combination of your internal scoring didn't achieve the desired information for a higher CLI.

Message 16 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lower APR...mmm.
Message 17 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Actually, what I meant by internal score is an actual proprietary algorithm of theirs which measures various (internal/external) factors associated with your account and is separate from your actual FICO scores.  But, to your point, they SP your CRA often to feed this information internally to determine the possibility of a CLI and/or lowering your APR (amongst a few things).  So, it's possible the review may have taken place during the time period when those items didn't look so favorable for them  and the combination of your internal scoring didn't achieve the desired information for a higher CLI.

Makes sense.  Sounds like my best course of action is to continue to manage my credit responsibly and hope for a further increase down the line.  Perhaps there will be an auto-cli when the surge in my score is updated via the next soft pull.  Thanks for the information.

Message 18 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Lower APR...mmm.

Actually, I called two days ago to request a lower APR, and a reduction of 2% was granted.  Perhaps this decreased the potential cli I could have qualified for? 

Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Doubtful.

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.