Not applicable

Re: Discover IT 5% Cashback for Grocery Stores

tgrz.jpg

Message 31 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:
Well that's unfortunate. Basically there's no way to know if a purchase will be credited toward the 5% Cashback categories.

No, you can tell after it posts but not while it's pending. Look at the pictures I posted then try it on yours.

Message 32 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm aware of that, but did you read @cpaynter's post before mine? That's what I find troubling.
Message 33 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I was thinking  they weren't taking the extra step in clicking the box where it showed a different catagory?

cpaynter, did you check both places for the catagory?

I agree though, sucks for us if it's an entirely different system than what we are are seeing.

Message 34 of 82
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Ok, so Meijer, Kroger, and Target all have main Category "Supermarket", and Merchant Category "Grocery Stores and Supermarkets". Should they all be good for 5% this quarter?

Message 35 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kilroy8wrote:

Ok, so Meijer, Kroger, and Target all have main Category "Supermarket", and Merchant Category "Grocery Stores and Supermarkets". Should they all be good for 5% this quarter?

That's what I'm thinking but I guess until someone's statement cuts and they analyze it we won't know for sure.

Message 36 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's almost as if that's doube speak on Discover's part, having two different classifications. lol

There's alwasy a way around things in teh fine print. Most people just aren't anal enough to look that deeply.

Message 37 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

I made small test purchases today with my Disco IT at each of 3 different grocery stores (WF, Safeway, Mollie Stone). All 3 transactions currently show as "pending" online. The category shows only as "processing" at this point. My statement cuts tomorrow (the 3rd). A call to CS informed me that I should be able to see the category details 24 hours later. I'll report back with DP.

Funny tho, last month I used my CapOne Plat MC at Target. On my statement, Target is categorized as "Grocery" even though the purchase was a shower curtain.

Message 38 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to add my 5 cents, this is what the CSR has to say when asked about Walmart, Target, Meijer and Kroger

Walmart and Target as counted as 'discount' stores so they will not be eligible. However, Kroger and Meijer are counted as 'supermarkets' so they will be eligible for the 5% cashback.

Message 39 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait....

So once I verify my store is grocery, are any certain items (beer) void from this bonus match? If we know?

*looks upon the distant horizon with a tear in eye imagining 5% beer match...

Message 40 of 82
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.