Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT Amazon 5% and gift cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover IT Amazon 5% and gift cards

Hey folks, I have a purchase to make at Amazon, and was going to use this card for the 5% (10% after first year match). I noticed, however, that Amazon is offering a $10 bonus when I reload the card at a certain amount. I don't want to cheat the system, but I do like a good deal. Could I use the Discover IT card for this, and get the best of both worlds? Have any of you done this?

If not, does the Prime Visa give 5% on gift card purchases?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Discover IT Amazon 5% and gift cards

As long as the charge comes from Amazon, you will receive 5% cash back. Period.

Message 2 of 4
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Dr of Credit claims even Amazon Payments get the disco 5%. - merchants that accept Amazon for payment processing. I bought a Carfax report for $40 and used Amazon/disco. Will see at statement if I get the 5%.
Message 3 of 4
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey folks, I have a purchase to make at Amazon, and was going to use this card for the 5% (10% after first year match). I noticed, however, that Amazon is offering a $10 bonus when I reload the card at a certain amount. I don't want to cheat the system, but I do like a good deal. Could I use the Discover IT card for this, and get the best of both worlds? Have any of you done this?

If not, does the Prime Visa give 5% on gift card purchases?

The way it worked for me is that I had to set up Disco as the "1 click" payment method. I did a purchase. On my next purchase, I was given the $10 discount. I'm expecting all the Amazon purchases to be 5% w/ the match (since I'm within my first year).

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.