Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT CLI experience

tag
Fyre800
Established Member

Discover IT CLI experience

Just wanted to share my experience with my Discover CLI

I got my Discover More in April 2012 and initially started with a $4k limit. In September I converted the card to a Discover IT and shortly after before my October statement was generated I got an autoCLI to $4250. That was kind of a slap in my face since I pushed almost 10k trough that card in less than 6 months.

Once the card hit the 6 month mark I called for a CLI to 7k and was promptly denied by I guess their computer system. I left it alone for a couple of days and decided I'd call the recon line. They connected me to the CLI department and the gentleman I spoke to said that he had to hard pull my Transunion. I asked if the CLI would be denied without the hard pull and he said that the initial denial was based on Discover's internal information and the summary of a credit report (soft pull) and that the denial would be final.

I agreed to hard pull my credit report and after a few questions he came back and approved me for 7.5k. To me the increase was big enough to warrant the inquiry.

Main cards:
NFCU Platinum $25k
Bank of America Alaska Airlines $20k
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Re: Discover IT CLI experience

Congrats

Message 2 of 3
Fyre800
Established Member

Re: Discover IT CLI experience

Thanks Smiley Happy

Main cards:
NFCU Platinum $25k
Bank of America Alaska Airlines $20k
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.