titanofold
Established Contributor

Re: Discover IT Dilema

@AC0308 wrote:

@parkman wrote:

@efranklin23 wrote:

@AC0308 wrote:

Here's the thing...

I've worked hard these past months to pay off as much debt as possible. I currently have a high balance on my Amex and am reporting 0 or low balances on the others. 380 on my the chase, everything else nearly 0 -- just because I am charging them and paying them off as I do so. 

My big picture plan is to pay off all of my debt wait a bit and apply for the Costco TE card that I really want. I just received a pre approval for Discover IT and confirmed it online..

http://i.imgur.com/Ea3Qlmw.png" 

I know that others have mentioned receiving better offers, and I'm curious whether or not I should go for it? 

The latest information i have is that Experian is pulling a 719 (via identity guard) TranUnion (Credit Karma ) - 706 and Quizzle - 689

The high balance on my Amex will be paid off by end of March and that's when I'd like to apply for my Costco TE and I'm curious if I will be hurting my chances with Amex if I act on this Discover offer now.

Currently only have 3 Hard inquires one dropping off in May

Thanks for reading through my ramblings!

Wait till April (when you report the PIF for your AMEX), Discover doesn't like to see high balances on cards (no matter how small the limit)

Source? I was approved for a $7,500 It with a practically maxed out CDP (2,600/2700)

I'm also interested to know more about this.

There are always exceptions to the rules.

Each of these pages should have a footer: Your experience may vary from the information provided above.

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)755 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 707 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 754 (Barclaycard)
Message 11 of 12
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover IT Dilema

@AC0308 wrote:

Here's the thing...

I've worked hard these past months to pay off as much debt as possible. I currently have a high balance on my Amex and am reporting 0 or low balances on the others. 380 on my the chase, everything else nearly 0 -- just because I am charging them and paying them off as I do so. 

My big picture plan is to pay off all of my debt wait a bit and apply for the Costco TE card that I really want. I just received a pre approval for Discover IT and confirmed it online..

http://i.imgur.com/Ea3Qlmw.png" 

I know that others have mentioned receiving better offers, and I'm curious whether or not I should go for it? 

The latest information i have is that Experian is pulling a 719 (via identity guard) TranUnion (Credit Karma ) - 706 and Quizzle - 689

The high balance on my Amex will be paid off by end of March and that's when I'd like to apply for my Costco TE and I'm curious if I will be hurting my chances with Amex if I act on this Discover offer now.

Currently only have 3 Hard inquires one dropping off in May

Thanks for reading through my ramblings!

I say wait until your utilization on that one card is low, then apply. The best of luck to you.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.