Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT Help --- update!

tag
HiLine
Blogger

Re: Discover IT Help

@Sha80 wrote:

I called customer service today and my application could not be found. I decided not to apply again because my Merrick will double to $2000 next month and it will be my highest CL. Once that line reports I'll apply for the IT and hopefully get at least a $3000 limit.

If you apply again, apply for the More instead! Cat Wink

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/To-those-thinking-of-applying-for-Discover-It/td-p/1761...

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT Help --- update!

I just got off the phone with Discover Recon dept. I talked to a young girl I think she may have been new because she had to put me on hold several times to get info i was asking. I then asked her what was keeping my application from being approved she told me the only thing noted on the app was a collection. The only one I have is from midland and paid so that gave me some hope. I asked her about my score and she said they dont have access to scores only basic info reported from the bureaus and then she briefly paused lol, after that I said thank you and wished her a Merry Xmas Smiley Happy Basically if i can get this collection off my report there is a good chance they'll approve me. They pulled TU, if they would have pulled EQ i'd be golden because midland isn't reporting there and myfico score is 650.

Message 12 of 16
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got off the phone with Discover Recon dept. I talked to a young girl I think she may have been new because she had to put me on hold several times to get info i was asking. I then asked her what was keeping my application from being approved she told me the only thing noted on the app was a collection. The only one I have is from midland and paid so that gave me some hope. I asked her about my score and she said they dont have access to scores only basic info reported from the bureaus and then she briefly paused lol, after that I said thank you and wished her a Merry Xmas Smiley Happy Basically if i can get this collection off my report there is a good chance they'll approve me. They pulled TU, if they would have pulled EQ i'd be golden because midland isn't reporting there and myfico score is 650.

Have you paid the collection and reporting as such?  Call back and talk to another rep, I got approved with worse!  Tell them you want to build the relationship and that you hear they are a wonderful company. (they are)

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have talked to 3 different reps so far but all say the same thing. I paid but it's a recent collection as of Nov, 2012. I'm hoping I hear something back from midland as I have sent them an email as well as disputed the account on my reports. It's the only negative I have so i'm hopefull in getting this removed with a bombardment of GW letters. 

Message 14 of 16
mrcrush20
New Contributor

Card is on its way! Thanks guys!

When I get it ill update the info on which CB was pulled and what the score was!

Message 15 of 16
Sha80
New Contributor

Apparently my application has appeared because I received an alert from scorewatch. Discover pulled Equifax which is my lowest score.They denied me due to AAOA which is 4 years 8 months. No lates in 5 years and 0 collections. I have opened 6 accounts since October. 3 store cards, 2 Cap 1, and 1 Cap 1 business. The rep told me told to let those accounts age then reapply but every thing else looked great.

Starting Score: EQ: 605 (10/21/2012) Trans/Walmart: 641(10/26/2012)
Current Score: EQ: 678 (4/9/13) Trans/Walmart: 693 (5/13/13) EX: 648 (4/10/13) Lender pull

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.