Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT Question

tag
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

Discover IT Question

thinking about PCing my more card to IT, i found some old threads on here that said payments were taking 2 days to post vs next day as is w/ the more, is this still true? also anyone know if the 1% is  from dollar one now or is it still .025 until 3k then 1% ?

Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Discover IT Question

@phillyguy12 wrote:

thinking about PCing my more card to IT, i found some old threads on here that said payments were taking 2 days to post vs next day as is w/ the more, is this still true? also anyone know if the 1% is  from dollar one now or is it still .025 until 3k then 1% ?

not sure about how fast the More posts. I have the IT card, and payment generally takes a good 3-7 days to post. Most of my purchases are online, so it might have to do with the merchant itself doing authorization charges and not actually charging my card until they ship it.

The few times I used my card in person, charges take a while to post, but I could see it under pending. Not really a problem in my opinion.

it is 1% for all purchases (starting from the 1st cent you spend), 5% for the bonus categories, and more if you use shopdiscover.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 5
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

thanks for the info, but i am not talking about how long charges take to post, that doesn't matter to me, just curious as to when you make a pmt to discover how fast do they post the payment to your account, some were saying 2-3days

***sorry reread your reply odd the pmts take longer to post to your account***

Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 3 of 5
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

In my short experience with the IT card, payments take about 3 days to post.  Not happy about that, but when they post they do reflect the actual date payment was made.

It's the full 1/5% on all purchases from the start of use.

Message 4 of 5
enharu
Super Contributor

Oh my bad. I misunderstood.

For me I paid on Discover's website and had it take the money out from my Citi checking.

I did it before 5pm EST, and the payment was posted the next day and credit was available for use. I think it depends on which bank they're taking the money from.

its 1% from dollar one. you could call in and verify if you would like. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.