Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT Secured

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT Secured

Smart I didn't think of that. I'm sure the one I applied last night for the regular it card it may also grant me the secured card has it ever happened before
Message 11 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Smart I didn't think of that. I'm sure the one I applied last night for the regular it card it may also grant me the secured card has it ever happened before

I'm not sure if anyone has ever been offered the secured version after being denied a regualr It card. I just know that it worked with the Chrome It for students.

Message 12 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Damn well yesterday I apped for the regular it card. I called to today

I have to say what a waste of an inquiry I was DENIED. This is the last time that I will ever app for there card. I applied 3 times one in February 2nd in May and 3rd today
Message 13 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Damn well yesterday I apped for the regular it card. I called to today

I have to say what a waste of an inquiry I was DENIED. This is the last time that I will ever app for there card. I applied 3 times one in February 2nd in May and 3rd today

Sorry to hear that. That's how I felt after being denied twice by them, but I decided to take the secured offer and I'm glad I did. Just give it like 6 more months and try again. What was their reason for denial all 3 times?

Message 14 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

He said "thank you for holding unfortunately we weren't able to approve your application at this time" I asked "why was I denied this is my 3rd time applying this year at least give me the option for the secured card" he than paused and Said "hmm I don't see any reasons as to why you were declined so you will recieve in mail those reasons and you have the right to request a free copy of your credit report you do however have the option for a joint account but not the secured card" ahhh off to garden

Message 15 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry, I know it's frustrating. I know they don't offer the secured card to everybody, and I know those who app for the student cards seem to have better luck. I don't understand Discover - I think they're bi-polar. They have approved people with worse credit files, but for whatever reason just would not approve me for an unsecured card. Just garden for awhile and work on whatever reasons they give you for the denial.

Message 16 of 46
tbque
Valued Contributor

OP, Congrats on receiving your new card!

Message 17 of 46
LadyVee
Regular Contributor

Congrats OP, I love my Discover IT secured card and I know you will too.

Starting Score: 485 (CK TU)
Current Score: 698 (TU FICO); 685 (EX FICO) 687 (EQ FICO)
Goal Scores: 750 (TU FICO); 750 (EX FICO); 750 (EQ FICO)

Current Cards:
AMEX Gold: NPSL, AMEX BCE: 1000, BARCLAY APPLE: 2000, CITI DC: 2250, CHASE CSP: 7400, CAP1 SAVOR: 12000, CAP1 VENTURE: 10000, CAP1 QS: 6500, CAP1 QS1: 3300,
DISC IT: 1400, MERRICK: 2200, PAYPAL CREDIT: 3000,
US BANK CASH+: 5000, WALMART: 5000, TARGET MC: 4000, ANN TAYLOR: 6000, VS: 6000, EXPRESS: 5000, NY&CO: 4000, SMILE GEN: 1500
Message 18 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Came in the mail finally. Very excited. Package looks professional and the card is pretty cool looking itself. Can't wait till it gets unsecured in a year (hopefully). Wooooo

Congrats!!! package does look very nicely wrap. 

Message 19 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah they're strange. my approval score was 651 with a new account in march and 3 new ones in june and i got the discover it 07/26 is when i apped. i wish i would have known the double cash promo was good until 09/30/2015 otherwise i would have waited!! my scores already are up a lot just since getting the card and i got some kinda crappy terms. ugh hind sight is 20/20 i guess.
Message 20 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.