Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT card Look

tag
Griselle
New Contributor

Discover IT card Look

I PC'd to the Discover IT card from my Discover More...I received my card in the mail today. I honestly don't like how they put the name and credit card number on the BACK of the card. It looks like a gift card....not a credit card. Ugh.

American Express Blue Sky- 14,000 | BOA 123 Rewards- 12,000 | Chase Freedom- 7,000 | Chase Saphire Preferred- 7,000 | Best Buy Store Card- 2,400 | Discover More- 1,900

In the garden until 06/2014!!
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
E150GT
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover IT card Look

I like it. You can still use your more card if you want. It is now an it...

CSP-$8700, Amex BCE-17.2k, Chase Freedom-$5700
Discover It-$6600, USAA MC-$5900 Ink Bold- $12k United Explorer-$5k
Message 2 of 24
Griselle
New Contributor

Yeah, I'm considering not activating the IT card until I have to...when my current card expires. Good Idea, thank you.

American Express Blue Sky- 14,000 | BOA 123 Rewards- 12,000 | Chase Freedom- 7,000 | Chase Saphire Preferred- 7,000 | Best Buy Store Card- 2,400 | Discover More- 1,900

Message 3 of 24
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Griselle wrote:

Yeah, I'm considering not activating the IT card until I have to...when my current card expires. Good Idea, thank you.

I think they have other versions you can get such as NY skyline other might chime in 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 24
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@Griselle wrote:

I think they have other versions you can get such as NY skyline other might chime in 

I have the mixtape design right now. Info is still on the back. 

Message 5 of 24
Griselle
New Contributor

You guys don'r kind of feel like it looks like a gift card? lol...I think I was planning on SD-ing my Discover anyway since it's my lowest CL anyway....

Message 6 of 24
Richierichdollar
New Contributor

I like that all the info is on the back. I notice only what they consider prime cards are like this. Amex,Discover etc.

Message 7 of 24
enharu
Super Contributor

@Griselle wrote:

You guys don'r kind of feel like it looks like a gift card? lol...I think I was planning on SD-ing my Discover anyway since it's my lowest CL anyway....

Personally I cant tell the difference between most of my cards and gift cards.

It really is just a piece of plastic, except for those metal cards.

The CSP and other metal cards are nice, but they seem to be very prone to scratches and they're generally thicker, which makes my wallet thicker and heavier as a result.

IMHO I still like the looks of Discover a lot more than Freedom, Cash+ and Barclays.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 8 of 24
theoldnocreditmaster
Valued Member

It’s a copy- cat of the Chase CSP design.

Many compliments with the CSP card. Most have to look at the back to make sure it’s actually a credit card.

I’m sure you will get the same from the  Discover. The only difference I think is the CSP is made of Stainless Steel. And Discover is plastic.

@Griselle wrote:

Message 9 of 24
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@Griselle wrote:

Personally I cant tell the difference between most of my cards and gift cards.

It really is just a piece of plastic, except for those metal cards.

The CSP and other metal cards are nice, but they seem to be very prone to scratches and they're generally thicker, which makes my wallet thicker and heavier as a result.

IMHO I still like the looks of Discover a lot more than Freedom, Cash+ and Barclays.

Why you got to be hatin' on my favorite looking cards?

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.