Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT card online CLI request

tag
Hevj1119
Regular Contributor

Discover IT card online CLI request

My IT card just hit 3 months so I requested a CLI online from Discover for 3k to 5k, but got a message that it would require a HP and chose to cancel the request.  Do you think that's because I asked for too much?  They didn't come back with a counter offer.   Just wondering if I should try again but ask for a lesser amount, accept a HP, or wait a few more months.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Discover IT card online CLI request

@Hevj1119 wrote:

My IT card just hit 3 months so I requested a CLI online from Discover for 3k to 5k, but got a message that it would require a HP and chose to cancel the request.  Do you think that's because I asked for too much?  They didn't come back with a counter offer.   Just wondering if I should try again but ask for a lesser amount, accept a HP, or wait a few more months.

you could try a lower amount... I would probably wait at least 6 months before bothering to take the hp for cli and then I would ask for way more!

Message 2 of 9
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Try the automated online CLI option. If they want more info you can either wait until a person comes on the line or hang up. Either way, you might be able to obtain a SP CLI this way.
Message 3 of 9
Hevj1119
Regular Contributor

Thank you both!

Message 4 of 9
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Hevj1119 wrote:

Do you think that's because I asked for too much?

Probably not.

@Hevj1119 wrote:

Just wondering if I should try again but ask for a lesser amount, accept a HP, or wait a few more months.

Your call.  I'm not HP averse so I took the HP when I requested a CLI just after 3 months of having my it.  Do you expect your credit to improve over a few more months?

Message 5 of 9
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Hevj1119 wrote:

Do you think that's because I asked for too much?

Probably not.

@Hevj1119 wrote:

Just wondering if I should try again but ask for a lesser amount, accept a HP, or wait a few more months.

Your call.  I'm not HP averse so I took the HP when I requested a CLI just after 3 months of having my it.  Do you expect your credit to improve over a few more months?

I did the same, took the HP (twice now).  If its worth it and you need the CLI go ahead and take the HP, in my case I needed the CLI for a BT, now I'll just be sitting back and hoping for some auto luv...but should something come up I definitely have no problem taking the HP. 

Message 6 of 9
Trilom

I've really been a fan of the Discover IT card, as I havn't had to manage CLI's.  They automatically raise my CL every 3 months, typically by about 500-750.  I started this card with 3000CL and now at 6250CL in a little over a year, no need to request more as they do it all for me, on top of provide me an Experian score!

Message 7 of 9
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

@Trilom wrote:

I've really been a fan of the Discover IT card, as I havn't had to manage CLI's.  They automatically raise my CL every 3 months, typically by about 500-750.  I started this card with 3000CL and now at 6250CL in a little over a year, no need to request more as they do it all for me, on top of provide me an Experian score!

I believe the score they provide is Transunion.

Message 8 of 9
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@PlasticOrPlastic wrote:

@Trilom wrote:

I believe the score they provide is Transunion.

It is an tu08 score they offer same as walmart and barclays i believe 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.