Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT high credit limits

tag
Slab
Frequent Contributor

Discover IT high credit limits

Discover IT started me with a 1k credit limit back in Jan 2013 when I still had a baddie on my EQ report. Since then, my EQ has gone up by 47 points. I have called in about a month ago for a CLI and I was told that it would be a HP. I have 6 HPs on my EQ now and don't need any more until a few inquiries drop off. 

My question: Does Dicover ever give credit lines of 10k or more? Thanks

Equifax FICO 781, Transunion FICO 821, Experian FICO 807,

810 goal on all three by 3-1-2015
Message 1 of 58
57 REPLIES 57
Anthonykc
New Contributor

Re: Discover IT high credit limits

ive seen more than 10K

anyways I started with 5k and once i hit my 6 month I did a CLI online and then called and was approved for 3K which brings my total to 8K

Current Score: 715 Goal Score: 775 Will Garden Soon.

CapitalOne Platinum $1.5K | CapitalOne MTV $1.5K | BestBuy Store $6K | Kays $3.5K | Military Star $2K | DiscoverIT $8K | AMEX BCE $1K Smiley Sad | NFUC Flagship $13.5K | USAA World MC $8K | USAA Rate Adv $8K | CSP 5K 10/2013 | NFCU LOC $10K
Message 2 of 58
newbiewife
Regular Contributor

Yes I think they do. Cuz they increase mine. I started @ 750 -10500 within 8mos. So its possible. Smiley LOL
Heart trying to reach 800! Heart
Gardening till 12/14 Smiley Tongue
Message 3 of 58
Eightiron
Contributor

@newbiewife wrote:
@Anonymous I think they do. Cuz they increase mine. I started @ 750 -10500 within 8mos. So its possible. Smiley LOL

If you dont mind me asking.  How many different CLI's did it take between 750 and 10.5k?

Gardening now for that spring harvest Entered 9/4/13 leaving 4/14
Message 4 of 58
enharu
Super Contributor

@Slab wrote:

Discover IT started me with a 1k credit limit back in Jan 2013 when I still had a baddie on my EQ report. Since then, my EQ has gone up by 47 points. I have called in about a month ago for a CLI and I was told that it would be a HP. I have 6 HPs on my EQ now and don't need any more until a few inquiries drop off. 

My question: Does Dicover ever give credit lines of 10k or more? Thanks

it is possible.

I just had my CL increased though it had to be done via hard inquiry + income verification.

mxp114 has a 20-30k CL Discover if I remember correctly.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 58
newbiewife
Regular Contributor

1HP on 6-13, 2 sp 8750-9250-10500.
Heart trying to reach 800! Heart
Gardening till 12/14 Smiley Tongue
Message 6 of 58
Slab
Frequent Contributor

Thanks a lot for the replies. After a few hps fall off, I will try again.

Equifax FICO 781, Transunion FICO 821, Experian FICO 807,

810 goal on all three by 3-1-2015
Message 7 of 58
sccredit
Valued Contributor

My initial credit line with Discover was $10k, unfortunately no CLIs since (Aug '12)

Message 8 of 58
tld409
Regular Contributor

Discover is really strange.  I received my first cli (soft pull) about 4 months after opening acct. and went from 700 to $1200 then requested another cli a few months later but was denied twice then I received an email response about a week later from Discover that they were increasing my limit to $1900 because of excellent history. Thought that was strange.

I just requested another cli and agreed to a hard pull on 08/31. The CA asked a lot of questions to verify my identity including calling me back on main phone number. I was only given a $500 increase which brought  my total limit up to $2400. They pulled TU. I called a few days later because this did not make any since to me since my FICO was good, no baddies, and utilization was less than 12%. Plus the majority of credit lines are over 5k. The new CA was shocked and couldn't understand why I was given only 500 and he said that they made a mistake and would correct it immediately. My new credit line is now 4kSmiley Very Happy

Before this happened, I was contemplating getting rid of Discover and switching to Chase Freedom!  Glad I called back about this. My next goal is to ask for an increase up to 10k by soft pull only in 4 to 6 months from now since I really have to stay in the garden for at least 6 months.

Starting Score 630 Score: Current FICO Scores: All above 725 (04/01/2015)
Sallie Mae World MC 9k; Chase Freedom 6.5k; CareCredit 13.2k; Amex BCP 21.8k;Amex PRG; BOA123 Visa Sig 20k; CapOne WMC 7.5K; CSP Visa Sig 2K; Citi Simp Visa 6.9k; CFCU Visa 17k; Discover IT 7K; JCP MC 8K; Macys Amex 7.5K/2k; PSECU Visa/PSL 20/20K; SamsClub MC 20k; Walmart 10k
Message 9 of 58
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

I have a 24.5k limit on my Discover it card.
Message 10 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.