Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT secured credit card

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover IT secured credit card

@tjdutch wrote:

I have 1 open medical collection, I wonder if I should take some of my tax return and pay it off then apply at a later when when my credit report updates.  I current have capital one secured card, credit one, and fingerhut credit.  any thoughts on if i should bite the bullet and apply or pay off the collection and be patient.  thanks for all the info to those who have responded. 

Before you just pay it off you can call the OC and ask them to recall the CA and settle with them directly if they will do it. If not attempt the PFD with the CA http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/... and if the PFD fails then Google and use the HIPAA Process.

Message 11 of 12
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover IT secured credit card

@Anonymous wrote:

I was getting a pre-approval letter about once a month last year. Tossed them until August when I received one that looked completely different than the others. The others were just a standard sized #10 envelope with a typical looking letter and info inside. The one that came in August was a large sized, very fancy looking presentation on expensive paper. Took them up on that one, and got approved.

So, if anybody gets a really fancy looking invite from Discover, give it a shot.

Good tip!

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.