Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT unsecured!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover IT unsecured!!!!!

Hi all! Happy to report that my discover it secure card graduated to unsecured!!! I opened this card with a $300 deposit in 09/2017. My 7th statement cut on Friday 4/13/18. I’ve been reading these boards like crazy in anticipation of it graduating and to my surprise it did on today 4/16 (just as most of you guys said it would lol.) I checked my account this morning and saw my credit limit is now $2000. That’s a $1700 increase!!!! Just some stats: my scores are pretty much the same as in my signature ( I have 2 open baddies that will fall off next year). I have paid my balance down to $0, 6 out of the 7 months I’ve had it. I probably ran $400-$500 through this card each month (making a payment each time a transaction posts.) Hope this info helps someone out there. And thanks for all of your advice!
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover IT unsecured!!!!!

Congratulations on the card becoming unsecured.

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice! I dropped a thread over in Credit Card Approvals earlier today with much the same story. I had a $200 SL that got upped to $2000 just like yours when I graduated today. Disco seems to be feeling generous Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 17
AppHappyTog
Regular Contributor

Congrats, impressive CLI to boot! 

Current Scores 4/18: EQ8 645/EQ9 686/TU 664/EX 682
Starting Scores 10/17: EQ 590 /TU 592/EX 560
AAoA: 3y6mo
Message 4 of 17
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on the card unsecuring and a nice CLI!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice. I'm a huge fan of my Discover It card.

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!
Message 7 of 17
SarahJo
Established Contributor

Wonderful!  So nice to get a reward for patience and persistance, thank you for sharing :-)

Present Day...Equifax: ???, TransUnion: 777, Experian: 781
Sept. 2016...Equifax: 652, TransUnion: 608, Experian: 597
Message 8 of 17
Miner
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on unsecuring on time!

How long does it take for Discover to update the CRAs with the new higher credit limit after unsecuring? Do they do so immediately with the balance from the last statement or is there a delay?

Curious as my 7th statement cuts next month and assuming I graduate on time, I wanted to finally pick up a 3rd card and having a higher limit on my reports helps with SL. So I was wondering how long I needed to wait.
Current FICO8: EQ:782, TU:754, EX:767 | 1x 30 day late 6yrs ago
AAoA: 10 years; AAoOA: 13 months; Credit Length: 21 years
INQ Eq: 3 / Tu: 5 (4 for auto) / Ex: 9 (5 for auto)
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Equifax updated today showing $0 balance of $300. So I’m guessing it won’t update until next month....
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.