Did you mean: 

Discover IT unsecured!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT unsecured!!!!!

@Miner wrote:
Congratulations on unsecuring on time!

How long does it take for Discover to update the CRAs with the new higher credit limit after unsecuring? Do they do so immediately with the balance from the last statement or is there a delay?

Curious as my 7th statement cuts next month and assuming I graduate on time, I wanted to finally pick up a 3rd card and having a higher limit on my reports helps with SL. So I was wondering how long I needed to wait.

My assumption is the new SL won't report until the next statement cuts. Note that my card only graduated yesterday, but I'm basing it off my Amex ED card not reporting the boost from $2000 to $6000 until the next statement cut even though that was a manual 3x CLI.

Message 11 of 17
sparecredit
Valued Member

Congratulations!! I cannot wait for mine to graduate. I’m only two statements in so far, and the wait is heavy.. I want my 600 dollars back! haha
Message 12 of 17
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Congrats. I somehow was late by 2 days on my 3rd statement so I don't see a graduation for me in the foreseeable future. Didn't report as late, but it was. About to hit my 8th month. SMDH....

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awww man, that’s sucks!
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel your pain, I went over my limit by 19 cents at one point so I don’t think mine will graduate by the 7 month mark either.
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Also, super jealous.

I have this soft spot in my heart for Discover since they were my choice after I messed up my credit and thought they were the best option to help me get back on track. I'm eight months in and still no graduation. Though I have big boy cards with very CL's now, I check Discover every day in hopes for a change. Fingers crossed for this month!

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

They do help you to recover. I like them much...specially now that im on my second card Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.