Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT - wholesale clubs question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover IT - wholesale clubs question

a couple of questions:

-. Do purchases on samsclub.com count for this bonus?

-. Does buying sams club gift cards in-store count for this bonus?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT - wholesale clubs question

I know buying hotels.com gift cards at Sam's counts (which is like $476 [before discover cash back] I think for a $500 gc, then you get 10th night free on hotels.com iirc - I'm not super familiar with that strategy but I've read about it). Exclusions should be in the terms, but you can always just do a test purchase and find out that way!
Message 2 of 8
UncleB
Credit Mentor

wrote:

a couple of questions:

-. Do purchases on samsclub.com count for this bonus?

-. Does buying sams club gift cards in-store count for this bonus?

I'm almost certain samsclub.com counts... I'll leave that for someone else to confirm, though.

Sam's Club gift cards bought in-store absolutely count... during the warehouse quarters I usually pick up few to use for my Wal-Mart purchases.  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8
arkane
Established Contributor

Let's just say I have a stack of GCs I bought from samsclub.com and I'm still smiling. Smiley Happy

But seriously this is an awesome way to get more than 1% or 2% cash back on spending that doesn't fall into any category (insurance/medical bills, car related expenses, utilities etc)

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 4 of 8
patoot10
Frequent Contributor

The answer to all your questions is yes.

I maxed out discover this quarter by buying online giftcards from samsclub.com and also gift cards in sams club store (VISA giftcards).

And I am planning on using them until October when the fourth quarter is wholesale clubs again.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Be careful buying Visa gift cards...
Message 6 of 8
arkane
Established Contributor

wrote:

The answer to all your questions is yes.

I maxed out discover this quarter by buying online giftcards from samsclub.com and also gift cards in sams club store (VISA giftcards).

And I am planning on using them until October when the fourth quarter is wholesale clubs again.

Q4 includes Amazon as well. If you shop a lot at Amazon, might be worth putting some spend towards Amazon GCs since you get the full 5%/10% that way.

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 7 of 8
601flyguy
Established Contributor

Looks like i need to do this as well. For some reason, walmart fuel purchases no longer show up as fuel purchases so i need to buy gift cards...
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.